PDA

View Full Version : Convince me to go to Foxwoods this Satuday

MaxPower
03-25-2005, 01:28 AM
sfer thinks I should go because, well, they have poker there and we could meet Dynasty.

Luv2DriveTT thinks I shouldn't go because this will be the busiest weekend of the year and the wait for games will be insane (last time I was there I waited 5 hours for a seat)

They both make good points. Who is right?

If anyone who uses the phrase "Do you see why" in this thread I will automatically click on ignore this user unless your name is David Sklansky.

Thanks for your help.

Bob Moss
03-25-2005, 02:05 AM
Dude! GAMBOOOOOOOOL!

Bob

b0000000000m
03-25-2005, 02:24 AM
Exactly--he should stay home and play online poker instead of going to Foxwoods to wait around all day to get in a game.

scrub
03-25-2005, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sfer thinks I should go because, well, they have poker there and we could meet Dynasty.

Luv2DriveTT thinks I shouldn't go because this will be the busiest weekend of the year and the wait for games will be insane (last time I was there I waited 5 hours for a seat)

If anyone who uses the phrase "Do you see why" in this thread I will automatically click on ignore this user unless your name is David Sklansky.

Thanks for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and Sfer can call ahead for your game, I think.

scrub

El Barto
03-25-2005, 08:05 AM
Sleep all day today, wake up tonight and arrive at 3 am. Hold onto your seat until you are ready to leave. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barry
03-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Well, I might be there Saturday too. So you can win some chips from me.

pudley4
03-25-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...and we could meet Dynasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post should have ended here.

mostsmooth
03-25-2005, 10:49 AM
i heard they were shipping in hot topless asian waitresses for staurday, one day only.

sfer
03-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Worst. Avatar. Change. Ever.

Viva la pyramid.

BottlesOf
03-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Don't go. It's not even close. Lists will be more insane than you can imagine. I was there on this date last year.

Luv2DriveTT
03-25-2005, 11:35 AM
1) LONG drive. This is Easter weekend. Duh!

2) LONG waits. This is perhaps the second busiest weekend of the year at Foxwoods. If you show up at 10AM, the list will probably be 2 hours long already.

3) TRY to find a room, it aint going to happen easily. So even though you wanted to do the day trip, when you want to stay longer because the wait is so long you will be hard pressed to find a place to sleep (except perhaps the floor).

5) I'll miss you guys... sniff sniff /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I say go next weekend... or if you want to wait a week I'll do the road trip with ya!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Luv2DriveTT
03-25-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i heard they were shipping in hot topless asian waitresses for staurday, one day only.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh. I didn't know that. See ya guys, I'm going to Foxwoods.... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j/k...

mostsmooth
03-25-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1) LONG drive. This is Easter weekend. Duh!

2) LONG waits. This is perhaps the second busiest weekend of the year at Foxwoods. If you show up at 10AM, the list will probably be 2 hours long already.

3) TRY to find a room, it aint going to happen easily. So even though you wanted to do the day trip, when you want to stay longer because the wait is so long you will be hard pressed to find a place to sleep (except perhaps the floor).

5) I'll miss you guys... sniff sniff /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I say go next weekend... or if you want to wait a week I'll do the road trip with ya!

[/ QUOTE ]
is #4 a secret?
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

theBruiser500
03-25-2005, 12:44 PM
i might be going to foxwoods for the chess touranment this weekdn.

sfer
03-25-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy who folded TPTK to you because you bet the two big streets into me and another player and the same guy who called a raise from the BB with 96 crubs and sucked out like a champ.

Luv2DriveTT
03-25-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

is #4 a secret?
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

actually it is. I decided to edit it out at the last minute, to hide my deep rooted jelousy.

On the bright side, next weekend just opened up for me. Roadtrip to AC Max?

MaxPower
03-25-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't go. It's not even close. Lists will be more insane than you can imagine. I was there on this date last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sfer said that you would go. If you don't want to go then I would have to spend two hours in the car alone with sfer while he needles me about being a nit because my VP$IP is only 19%. Then I would have to wait for hours for a seat surrounded by people wearing red sox and patriots hats.

You are right Johnny Boom Boom, it is not even close. I would have to be a glutton for punishment to do something like that.

Thanks.

MaxPower
03-25-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just called and got the poker rate at the Borg.

Luv2DriveTT
03-25-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just called and got the poker rate at the Borg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am SOOOOOOO there with you. Sfer coming to call you a nit? 19% VPIP my ass..... you are too tight to get that high /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sfer
03-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Figures Boom Boom would convince you otherwise. Nits run in packs. Add your VPIP to JBB's and it might top 23.

Barry
03-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Well I was at FW's on Tues night and dropped 2 racks, so I figured that I didn't deserve the pyramid for a while.

sfer
03-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Fine. I'll buy you a hot dog there. Happy?