PDA

View Full Version : xp problem - can't install some stuff

jdl22
03-25-2005, 12:50 AM
looking for a little computer help. Not long ago I downloaded and installed symantec antivirus from my university's site. Since I haven't been able to install anything that uses self extracting exe files. I can install some things, but the stuff that opens with a popup that says "thank you for installing X. Click the 'setup' button to proceed." doesn't ever work.

Here's what happens:
- I click setup
- it unzips the files
- when done the installer should come up but I get a screen that at the top says "NAV Corporate Edition" at the top and "Initializing Wise Installation Wizard"
- that goes away and another thing pops up that says University of Pittsburgh

Welcome to NAV Corporate unpacking utility.

This will unpack NAV Corporate on your computer, so you can install the program.
/
and below I can click next or cancel. I click next and it asks where I want to unpack this NAV Corporate. Clicking next again opens (after unpacking) it says that I can now install NAV Corporate. I press install and I get another window where I can install the antivirus software that's already [censored] instaled on my computer.

I have tried uninstalling the antivirus software and reinstalling it - no dice. I have tried uninstalling it and then trying to install whatever other thing I want without it on there and it still comes up with this NAV Corporate bullshit.

Anybody able to help me?

deacsoft
03-25-2005, 01:15 AM
LINK (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=software)

jdl22
03-25-2005, 01:17 AM
I don't have a "General Gambling" software question so it should go here.