PDA

View Full Version : Q9 suited... er... offsuit

Justin A
03-25-2005, 12:24 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>...

brettbrettr
03-25-2005, 12:26 AM
What's your question? Pre-flop seems fine, flop seems fine.

Justin A
03-25-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's your question? Pre-flop seems fine, flop seems fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's all, nothing special just checking up. Been away from 6max for a while.

brettbrettr
03-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Do you limp there w/o the poster?

Scotch78
03-25-2005, 01:29 AM
Given the two-flush and worthlessness of your pair outs, you need two callers (plus the bettor) to get equity out of your draw, and that is much more likely if you just call the flop. Furthermore, given the action so far and the size of the pot there's likely to be at least two opponents matching your money on the turn. While that's not enough to match your pot equity at that point, it does lower the cost noticeably. Raising is likely to knock someone out, decreasing your flop value, so the intended gain is a free card. However, it's saving you less than a small bet, for the turn equity reasons already mentioned. Then we need to consider who will pay you off when you hit. The flush draw will pay if you hit on the turn, but only pairs will pay off on the river. 3-betting now makes that much less likely, especially from a ten. For all that, and a few smaller reasons, I just call the flop.

Scott

Justin A
03-25-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the two-flush and worthlessness of your pair outs, you need two callers (plus the bettor) to get equity out of your draw, and that is much more likely if you just call the flop. Furthermore, given the action so far and the size of the pot there's likely to be at least two opponents matching your money on the turn. While that's not enough to match your pot equity at that point, it does lower the cost noticeably. Raising is likely to knock someone out, decreasing your flop value, so the intended gain is a free card. However, it's saving you less than a small bet, for the turn equity reasons already mentioned. Then we need to consider who will pay you off when you hit. The flush draw will pay if you hit on the turn, but only pairs will pay off on the river. 3-betting now makes that much less likely, especially from a ten. For all that, and a few smaller reasons, I just call the flop.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this whole thought process. I went for the free card, and got screwed when the original flop raiser led into me on a turn blank after everyone called the flop.

Justin A
03-25-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you limp there w/o the poster?

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean if he limped instead of posted? then yes.

if you meant after only two limpers, still yes.