PDA

View Full Version : Question of ethics

poboy
03-24-2005, 11:49 PM
I had just watched someone make a couple of really loose/bad calls and suck out on someone else for his whole stack. Normally I would compliment them on such a fine play and encourage them to continue doing so. Very next hand I'm dealt AA and decide to insult the guy hoping to induce a call. I pushed my stack in and not only did he call me w/ garbage but another player did as well. Obviously the comments afterwards weren't very positive. What do you think of this?

zaxx19
03-24-2005, 11:52 PM
I think its called poker.....

Congrats on playing it well in that case.

Los Feliz Slim
03-24-2005, 11:55 PM
Anyone who allows their play to be influenced by chat deserves everything they get. And more.

Sam T.
03-25-2005, 12:09 AM
It's not in TOP, but it's part of the game.

Now, if you'd gone to his house punched him in the mouth, and clicked "Call", that would be unethical.

dtbog
03-25-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I pushed my stack in

[/ QUOTE ]

Move of Honor style? nh. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And yeah.. talk as much shit as you can, if that gets their money in the middle!

-dB

Finite_Risk
03-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Very Tony-g esque from last night's WPT...that, was trash talk....kudos to Surindar for not popping that fat limey

kurto
03-25-2005, 01:39 AM
I agree that its okay. I really enjoyed last nights WPT. The guy was fascinatingly irritating. I think he made several key suckouts... but his attitude also contributed to a huge bluff.

A key part of poker is psych warfare. If you effectively pushed his buttons and it worked, then good for you. (I imagine one could take it too far...)