PDA

View Full Version : raise turn or call down?

brettbrettr
03-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Second orbit, but I just took a big pot off of BB when I 3-bet his AJ UTG with my 55 from the CO (which may in and of itself been a bit laggy with an unknown).

Anyhoo, I've been seeing a good deal of this in my short time at 6 max, the BB c/r'ing the flop or turn on a ragged board assuming the raiser had u/i overs....Without a read, in this spot, what line do you guys take? I realize its very read dependant, but in this case if he called and bet I'd fold the river u/i (which I hate doing)....other option of course is to call and call a river bet and perhaps lose to some crap pair.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

Rubeskies
03-25-2005, 01:47 AM
If you think there is a good chance you are ahead then you should just call and give him another chance to bluff on the river to get another bet out of him. You get an extra bet if you are ahead instead of losing and an extra 2 when behind (assuming you fire again on the river). Raising is only going to let him fold his bluff.

If you think you can get him to fold a low pair it's OK, but most players won't on this board.