PDA

View Full Version : Question on number of raises per round

flipflop1970
03-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Last night while playing in a limit ring game the subject came up on how many raises were allowed in a <font color="red"> no limit </font> <font color="black"> </font> ring game. I said it was unlimited until all your chips are in the pot. The rest of the players said only 3 total raises after the initial bet. Does anyone know which is it?

BobboFitos
03-24-2005, 10:28 PM
no limit baby

dtbog
03-24-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The rest of the players said only 3 total raises after the initial bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong, wrong wrong.

Then again, I HAVE heard it before. Again, it's wrong -- but some cardrooms use it. Check with the floor when you go somewhere new, I guess.... though I don't see too many NL pots that feature two re-raises where the last one isn't all-in anyway.

-dB

dtbog
03-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Bet, raise, all-in, cap?

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it...

flipflop1970
03-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Yeah it didn't make sense to me. I think they are a little screwy in there thinking. Even online I have played and watched no limit ring games where i see raise after raise after raise until finally after whta seems to be twenty minimum raises there is then an all-in. ***Thanks***

dtbog
03-24-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even online I have watched

[/ QUOTE ]

PartyPoker makes the dealer button the big blind when heads-up, but that's not right. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Not all of the poker sites get everything exactly accurate... so this might not be the best benchmark.

-dB

kurto
03-25-2005, 01:47 AM
Isn't there a time you can't reraise? I swear there have been times where I have raised... someone raised all in for maybe another dollar. Someone else calls... when it gets back to me, it doesn't give me an option to reraise.

I never knew why I couldn't reraise... but I'm certain its happened a few times.

BillUCF
03-25-2005, 02:13 AM
Each game is different. Know your house rules. If a home game decide what the rules are prior to sitting down.