PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good thing or bad thing?

DemonDeac
03-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Stars $10 freezeout
At the first break I have little over 3k.
i have only shown down one hand. is that good or bad? am i folding too much or what?

DemonDeac
03-24-2005, 10:43 PM
anyone have anything to say??

LethalRose
03-24-2005, 10:46 PM
funny avatar.

skoal2k4
03-24-2005, 10:53 PM
how many pots have you been in? did you build up with just one hand or many? 3k at first break in a stars $10 freezeout is just below average so I think you're ok. The blinds are getting a little better so if you haven't been in many hands, change gears.

CardSharpCook
03-24-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Variance, my man, variance. Share some hands with us where you are concerned you may have bet out your opponents too soon, or folded when you may have been winning. Otherwise, I chalk this up to variance and the notion that, play enough poker, you'll see all manners of strange runs.

CSC

DemonDeac
03-24-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
funny avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks

DemonDeac
03-24-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Variance, my man, variance. Share some hands with us where you are concerned you may have bet out your opponents too soon, or folded when you may have been winning. Otherwise, I chalk this up to variance and the notion that, play enough poker, you'll see all manners of strange runs.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. i really hadn't had any cards. i'd been picking up pots. the one hand i did show down was 77 vs AA, and turned a set. pretty big pot preflop and i attempted to pick it up and got caught and then got lucky. i hadn't had any good hands, so i havent been able to bet people out of pots. the only thing i might be worried about is foling too much, even though i dont see many flops starting at the 3rd level.

CardSharpCook
03-24-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

very true. i really hadn't had any cards. i'd been picking up pots. the one hand i did show down was 77 vs AA, and turned a set. pretty big pot preflop and i attempted to pick it up and got caught and then got lucky. i hadn't had any good hands, so i havent been able to bet people out of pots. the only thing i might be worried about is foling too much, even though i dont see many flops starting at the 3rd level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wouldn't worry about folding too much PF (I think you are refereing to PF). In my experience, this isn't a bad thing in tourneys. Especially in the first few levels, tight play if you're not getting any cards is wonderful. Patience, young Jedi.

Hope you're still doing well in the tourney.

CSC

DemonDeac
03-24-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

busted 180th out of 1000+. it's amazing how no one notices your tight play and never respect ur raises, especially since the hands i did play in i was aggressive and dominating postflop

DemonDeac
03-24-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

busted 180th out of 1000+. it's amazing how no one notices your tight play and never respect ur raises, especially since the hands i did play in i was aggressive and dominating postflop

bout to play in the stars $20+2 freezeout at 11:30 EST. we'll see how that goes.
ill post my questionable hands

[/ QUOTE ]

billyjex
03-25-2005, 12:23 AM
In a $10 tourney no one's going to be real observant of your play. If they're not respecting your raises, you just gotta raise/bet for value.