PDA

View Full Version : How's my line here? TPTK in omaha, no low

bigredlemon
03-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Party Poker (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.
I limp in hoping to hit a high flop. I get the kind of flop that could cost me a lot of money. Do I bet the flop?

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, HERO checks.

Flop: Someone with a three would probably check here, and I'm not all that attached so check too. I suppose I could bet here and likely buy a free card against a 3 or kick everyone out if they've missed. I take the cheap route.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, HERO bets, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: Now I know no one has a 3 and my kinds are most definetly the best hand. (I think i'd have heard from AA by now.)

River: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
checks, UTG+1 bets, HERO calls, folds
Final Pot:
What I fear the most. Now I can't scoop, and could be up against the straight. He's also showing a lot of strength by betting into me. If I call, I'm putting in 1BB hopping to get back 2.25BB if I'm right, and nothing if I'm wrong. He could be just betting a bad law, or he could have it both. Easy fold here?

Ray Zee
03-25-2005, 12:22 AM
against decent players i would toss it. too many times you lose to fulls or straights. only maybe ace six might lead into you that you can beat.

bigredlemon
03-25-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
against decent players i would toss it. too many times you lose to fulls or straights. only maybe ace six might lead into you that you can beat.

[/ QUOTE ]If I had you around 5 hours ago, I could have saved a BB /images/graemlins/blush.gif

pipes
03-25-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.
I limp in hoping to hit a high flop. I get the kind of flop that could cost me a lot of money. Do I bet the flop?

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, HERO checks.

Flop: Someone with a three would probably check here, and I'm not all that attached so check too. I suppose I could bet here and likely buy a free card against a 3 or kick everyone out if they've missed. I take the cheap route.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, HERO bets, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: Now I know no one has a 3 and my kinds are most definetly the best hand. (I think i'd have heard from AA by now.)

River: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
checks, UTG+1 bets, HERO calls, folds
Final Pot:
What I fear the most. Now I can't scoop, and could be up against the straight. He's also showing a lot of strength by betting into me. If I call, I'm putting in 1BB hopping to get back 2.25BB if I'm right, and nothing if I'm wrong. He could be just betting a bad law, or he could have it both. Easy fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have bet the flop here. If someone had a 3, they would have probably bet.

Spidurman
03-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Its more likely that he would have a 3 on the flop and bet - you want to win the whole pot and that's the best shot to do it.

I would easily see a hand with A4 in the mix (A24, A45, something bizarre) played that way - clearly not ahead til the river, but a perfect catch.