PDA

View Full Version : Hello,Players! Let's assume U are playing....

SittingBull
10-12-2002, 05:01 AM
against a field of good 20-40 players.

After the bring in,the "Q" completes the betting and it's folded to U with (As 9s) 7s.
U call.
On 5th Str your good opponent has (x,y) Q 4d Th and U have (As 9s) 7s 6h 7c.
U read your opponent correctly for either split Q's or Q's up. I /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif t's up to U.
How would U play your hand and Y??

Hmmmm
Just wondering.

Sitting Bull

CJC
10-12-2002, 05:19 AM
Larry,

I assume you mean we are heads up!

I'm either betting right in to him, or checkraising..
Very player dependent.

Givin that our 4th street card is offsuit to our door and we paired our doorcard, I might bet right into him, hoping he lays down his queens.

CJ

By the way-- checkraising 4th makes you avoid such issues. But thats another lesson /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

10-12-2002, 10:00 AM
one thing to keep in mind is how well your opponent plays, since this will be a significant factor. generally i would bet here and hope he lays it down. you could consider a check raise but that depends on the player. against weaker players i will sometimes raise here on fourth if i dont think he has two pair already. note that if you raise on fourth and pair your door card it is almost a certainty that he will lay down a better hand.

Pat

SittingBull
10-12-2002, 12:42 PM
Assume U are up against a "good" player in this 20-40 division.
My definition of "good player" is one who is averaging between 1BB to 1 1/2BB per Hr. for the last 2000 Hrs. of play at a B&M.
Do U believe he would most likely lay down his hand after U make your play and he has only one big pair?? /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Just wondering

Sitting Bull

CJC
10-13-2002, 01:35 AM
Larry,

This would be a great spot to raise 4th. And yes, after raising and pairing your doorcard, a lone pair of queens would probably fold.

CJ

SittingBull
10-13-2002, 04:14 AM
raising 4th? /forums/images/icons/blush.gif What message are U trying to convey to your opponent??
What's your objective??

Sitting Bull

CJC
10-13-2002, 05:30 AM
Hello Again,

If you have a hand you can call with on 4th ( such as this ) you can often raise in this spot. ( Notice Pat said the same thing )

The only cards that are going to make you High on the next round are cards that can improve your hand ( basically ). You are basically hoping for a free card on 5th, but if you improve openly such as the example you gave, you can often win the pot on that bet.

CJ

10-13-2002, 09:19 AM
i think he is more likely to lay down his hand but if he does anything other than fold you are most likely beat and perhaps badly. better players will fold more easily but if they play willpaly better hands.

pat

SittingBull
10-14-2002, 10:35 AM
good players is raising with an opened ender on 4th for a free play on 5th.
It seems as if I have either two pair or an opened ender on 4th. If my opponent drew an apparent "rag" on 5th , I would continue the drive.
However, I would NOT make him swallow anymore chips on 4th after he raised me.

Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull