PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 Top Pair out of the BB

Seether
03-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Thoughts on this line?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (2.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 6.70 BB

Argus
03-24-2005, 08:04 PM
The biggest decision in this hand is between checking and betting the river, but I think checking again is better. I've seen a lot of players let it go in similar situations after bluffing the turn and being bet into on the river when the turn overcard pairs. These same players are willing to fire another barrel on the river if you check to them, so you are better off inducing a bluff. You have to be very certain both that they would call your bet if you bet and check through if you check to prefer the betting out line.

wrto4556
03-24-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The biggest decision in this hand is between checking and betting the river, but I think checking again is better. I've seen a lot of players let it go in similar situations after bluffing the turn and being bet into on the river when the turn overcard pairs. These same players are willing to fire another barrel on the river if you check to them, so you are better off inducing a bluff. You have to be very certain both that they would call your bet if you bet and check through if you check to prefer the betting out line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. If you bet and are raised you have to fold and are giving up the pot.