PDA

View Full Version : $11 Bubble push

Geordie Ramone
03-24-2005, 07:39 PM
First post

Been a lurking for a while. Great forum. Anyway I started playing at christmas, micro limit for a couple of weeks before discovering the beauty of the SNG. and the Party $11s.

I had the traditional good start, first 200 tourneys saw me super tight AA,KK, AK only 1-3 allinmaniac 4 on and I began to realise I was a poker god in the making. Unsustainable but great fun The next 200 I realised the more I knew the less I knew. I tried moves other than all in or fold and playing that damn AQ and even played some pocket pairs. Still winning but at 15% not 45%

Then bang last 300 down 40 buy ins. I have still been fairly tight, but seem to have fallen off the agression a bit. The calls seemed to come more often which has seen me raise my pushing standards, but I cant tell if I was just lucky before or whether I am know missing to many chances.

So Ive gone back to super tight and will try to increase my pushing. Heres hoping.

Anyway here is one of my 10 straight losses from last night. Be brutal

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t4360)
UTG (t2620)
Button (t555)
Hero (t465)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t465 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t365.

Flop: (t930) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t930) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t930) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t930

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Jh Qd (one pair, queens).
Hero has 9h Ac (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins t930. </font>

I had been card dead, I think this was the first flop I saw, and since level 4 I hadnt had a chance to be first in apart from utg with utter rubbish. Biggie was to my left and had been calling everything.
I hoped Big Stack might leave me and the other shorty for a couple of orbits to go after the 2cnd stack, but realistically knew he would call with any two. At the time I was fairly happy with the push but Ive been thinking that I made it fairly easy for the other shorty to get into the money.

kyro
03-24-2005, 07:42 PM
good push. most of the time you'll end up winning the hand, even if he calls, and that will greatly increase your chances of taking 1st or 2nd. also, if shorty wins an all-in, you're basically [censored].