PDA

View Full Version : ROI on 10 handed sng's vs 5 handed?

shag
03-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any data on playing 10 handed sng's paying top 3 vs. 5 handed winner take all.

thanks in advance for your responses

Sean

vindikation
03-24-2005, 05:59 PM
I played the 5 person STT's for a short time. They were fun, but it was difficult for me to win consistanly with that short a table (this is MY game, not implying others can't do well at it).

I was playing the 10 person STT's and did quite well, but they took a little longer and were a little boring (especially in waiting around in the early rounds).

The perfect game that I have found for me is the $6.50 Poker Stars Turbos. Only 9 people and the blinds increase fast enough so it freaks some people out into playing too loose. I can usually finish well by playing somewhat tight and getting aggressive once the antes kick in.

I don't multitable and don't play that often so this is what works best personally for me. I think I'm going to skip the $10+1's and wait until I get the bankroll to move up from the $6.50 to the $15+1 Turbos (skipping the $10+1's).

Simplistic
03-25-2005, 12:15 AM
i'll play one 6.50 turbo and a 10+1 sng. works well for me...excet these past 2 days...then there's my weakness for NL cash games where i typically get my ass handed to me...i've got some major fricken variance going on after crushing the sngs for a few days.