PDA

View Full Version : 55 against LAG preflop raiser

mr pink
03-24-2005, 05:31 PM
villain is a LAG who check/raises like no other

dealt 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button

2 folds, utg+2 limps, mp1 limps, 1 fold, LAG raises, folded to me on the button, i call, sb folds, bb calls, limpers call.

flop: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 players - 10.5 sbs

checked to the LAG who bets, i raise, folded back to him, he calls. (about 90% sure i'm ahead right now)

turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif - 2 players - 7ish bbs

LAG checks, hero???

how close is it between betting and checking behind?

QTip
03-24-2005, 05:32 PM
I'd like to know what you're holding.

mr pink
03-24-2005, 05:36 PM
just edited, but it was in the title /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

QTip
03-24-2005, 05:39 PM
LOL...thanks. Got so busy reading the hand, forgot to check the title...

QTip
03-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I think you need to bet this even though he does love the check/raise. If he calls, I'd take a free showdown.

Is he the type that will bluff c/r?

mr pink
03-24-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is he the type that will bluff c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, which is why it was tough for me. i thought i still had the best hand, but if he sees the Queen as a scare card and check/raises it would be tough for me to call.

there is the free card situation, but i didn't think this guy folding the turn if i bet anyway

einbert
03-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I would bet it and call down if checkraised.

I'm not going to give him a free card if he has two overs. If he has a queen so be it, I'm paying him off. But I think if he's the kind of LAG i'm used to facing that calling down the checkraise will easily be profitable in the long run.