PDA

View Full Version : Total Noob question...

CallMeIshmael
03-24-2005, 05:28 PM
I have found myself somewhat confused.. and I guess other noobs might be thinking it too.

How do you guys know who is who at party? Do you just gradually build up a database through PMs or what?

adamstewart
03-24-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm confused too.

I think it has to do with fact that your post does not follow a single theme, but is rather a collection of random thoughts.

Edit: OP has since edited his post, but my post will still stand. Damn, I should have quoted him...

Adam

meep_42
03-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Comical? I'd have said criminal.

You need to raise somewhere in there.

-d

jason_t
03-24-2005, 05:44 PM
I think you made a divide by zero error somewhere. Recheck your math.

SeaEagle
03-24-2005, 05:44 PM
I think most people use PokerTracker. On some sites, such as Party, you can get realtime stats on your opponents. If you play the same limits enough, you'll start to see repeat customers who have stats from previous sessions, but even if they're new customers you can usually get a decent line on them in 30-50 hands.

CallMeIshmael
03-24-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it has to do with fact that your post does not follow a single theme, but is rather a collection of random thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam,

I know it was probably hard for you to follow a post that had a grand total of two themes, as opposed to the usual one!

Therefore, I have edited the post.

Does anyone care to put forth a reply not full of douchebaggery?

shant
03-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Are you asking how to identify other 2+2ers at Party tables?

I think most people don't like to give out their Party names, and some people have names similar to their 2+2 posting names, so it's easy to spot them.

If someone I have played live with or talk to on this forum wanted to exchnage names I wouldn't mind, but I see no reason to post it to the whole board.

adamstewart
03-24-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam,

I know it was probably hard for you to follow a post that had a grand total of two themes, as opposed to the usual one!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, do you think it makes sense to include two totally unrelated topics, within the scope of a single post? Especially with the title: "Total Noob Question...", which implies a singularity rather than plurality?

(Note the absence of an "s" at the end of the word "Question." To be fair, though, your two-toned post did only include one "question"; the other item up for discussion being an unrelated hand regarding the topic of *not* raising AA preflop).

Adam

shant
03-24-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, do you think it makes sense to include two totally unrelated topics, within the scope of a single post? Especially with the title: "Total Noob Question...", which implies a singularity rather than plurality?

(Note the absence of an "s" at the end of the word "Question." To be fair, though, your two-toned post did only include one "question"; the other item up for discussion being an unrelated hand about relating to the topic of *not* raising AA preflop).

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]
http://espn.go.com/i/ncb/prog02/Owens_NIT_120.gif

adamstewart
03-24-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam,

[/ QUOTE ]

(Note the absence of an "s" at the end of the word "Question." To be fair, though, your two-toned post did only include one "question"; the other item up for discussion being an unrelated hand about relating to the topic of *not* raising AA preflop).

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]
http://espn.go.com/i/ncb/prog02/Owens_NIT_120.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose that is fair.

However, did you get a chance to read the OP's *original* post? If not, I suggest you are not in the position to call me a "nit."

Please note that my 2nd post was merely a response to OP's calling me "full of douchebaggery."

Adam

shant
03-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Haha, just playing homie. I found that image sometime last week after seeing "NIT" in huge letters on ESPN and was waiting for a place to use it.

adamstewart
03-24-2005, 06:07 PM
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CallMeIshmael
03-24-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you asking how to identify other 2+2ers at Party tables?

I think most people don't like to give out their Party names, and some people have names similar to their 2+2 posting names, so it's easy to spot them.

If someone I have played live with or talk to on this forum wanted to exchnage names I wouldn't mind, but I see no reason to post it to the whole board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I'm not asking anyone to give out their name. Its just that, a healthy number of threads start with "I was sitting with (two plus twoer)." I know its him, and he knows its me.

I was just curious: in the case they have different names from here, how do they know?

CallMeIshmael
03-24-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please note that my 2nd post was merely a response to OP's calling me "full of douchebaggery."

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam,

As long as we are nit picking: I NEVER said you were full of douchebaggery. I said your post was. One is an attack on your character. One is an attack on the character/quality of your post. These are very very different.

adamstewart
03-24-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam,

As long as we are nit picking: I NEVER said you were full of douchebaggery. I said your post was. One is an attack on your character. One is an attack on the character/quality of your post. These are very very different.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, okay,.... I'm done.

I only made the orignal reply because reading your orignal post made me say, "wtf?" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was just my (poor?) attempt at humour (and you have to admit, the disorganization of your original post was kinda funny... /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Adam

shant
03-24-2005, 06:19 PM
I normally figure they have spoken through PM or IM and have told eachother their names so they can play at the same tables.

James282
03-24-2005, 06:21 PM
A lot of these people have become friends through 2+2 or knew eachother before hand...and communicate via AIM or other messenging programs.
-James

CallMeIshmael
03-24-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was just my (poor?) attempt at humour (and you have to admit, the disorganization of your original post was kinda funny... /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

All in good fun dude. I couldn't get a good grip on the tone of your OP, but I assumed it was all good. I'm quick to use the term douche bag.

I'll give you this: The OP did have two topics in it, as was disorganized.

On the condition I get: The knowledge that for a brief moment as you typed that second reply, the rod up your butt, must have had a rod up its butt. /images/graemlins/wink.gif