PDA

View Full Version : Blinds Head Up

Stacheman
03-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Can anyone explain the reasoning for the small blind being on the button when a tournament is heads up? I've played in enough online and B&M tournaments to know that this is how it works, but when playing in home or other amateur-run tournaments inevitably someone disagrees and says the big blind should be on the button. I have trouble expressing the logic behind the rule.

woodguy
03-24-2005, 04:32 PM
So the BB doesn't have the advantage of acting last PF and in subsequent rounds.

I think.....could be wrong.

Regards,
Woodguy

SossMan
03-24-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone explain the reasoning for the small blind being on the button when a tournament is heads up? I've played in enough online and B&M tournaments to know that this is how it works, but when playing in home or other amateur-run tournaments inevitably someone disagrees and says the big blind should be on the button. I have trouble expressing the logic behind the rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

because the positional advantage would be too great to overcome. You would have position on all streets (including preflop)

Stacheman
03-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I don't know why it has been difficult for me to reason that out.

schwza
03-24-2005, 05:10 PM
this is not universal. i wish i could give concrete examples, but i know that some sites have the BB = button.

Stacheman
03-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that too. People always say they have seen it done the other way (BB=Button), but no one can ever remember where they saw it.

schwza
03-24-2005, 05:37 PM
i think in party cash games it's this way.

nathan_hicks
03-24-2005, 05:41 PM
7 Sultans has the BB on the button.