PDA

View Full Version : What's the best Poker to make money these days?

angelo alba
10-11-2002, 11:20 PM
From a psychological perspective.

Outside of tournamets (Actually I'd love to hear what you think of tournmenats re this question ) or getting rich drunks to come over on Fri nights and play Indian Poker to Anaconda or something sillier.

A friend I respect (what the hell, he's a pro, I'm not) maintains it's Omaha Hi.

His reasoning is that despite the fact that Hold'em players know they shouldn't bet the hell out of a set or straight on the flop, they end up doing just that when they get a little discouraged.

In other words, they're more easily tempted to go on tilt. Whereas, say, old time 7 card stud players have generally learned their lessons re Hold ' Em and don't commit the mistakes which they so frequently did twenty years ago . .

So, what's your vote on the psych-poker variation most likely to succeed, and why?

10-12-2002, 09:36 AM
Simply put, the best poker game to make money at is the game YOU can beat. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif LGPG, Babe.

PokerBabe(aka)
10-12-2002, 09:39 AM
Post above from PokerBabe- I wasn't logged in /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

bad beetz
10-14-2002, 08:23 PM

10-21-2002, 04:43 AM
Poker Babe: True, all too true. I'm still hoping to get a bunch of drunk millionares to come over on Fri nights and play double reverse razz (don't ask, I've just invented it)
Perhaps I should have made myself clearer. What I mean is, as far as regular cardroom poker goes . . .Remember the ole days when Superexperts pronounced J-10 was THE best starting hand at HE?
So , let me put it this way, from a psych perspective, what would all of you say would be the best (or most misinformed?) form of Poker these days.

Suppose you were starting from scratch, and the poker gods granted you talent in ONE game only. Not talent among the world's best but, well...talent.
What would your choice be, given the cardroom games currently available