PDA

View Full Version : why should I get poker tracker?

chopchoi
03-24-2005, 03:01 PM
I hear lots of people talking about poker tracker, so I I download the demo version. I really can't see how any of this info is going to benefit me. I already know that AQ is profitable and that Q6 is not. I hardly ever play against the same opponent twice, so it won't help me there.

What else can it do for me?

Isura
03-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Gametime+.

jnalpak
03-24-2005, 03:14 PM
after 20k hands i guarantee your playing against the same people twice even 10x...i have hands against screenames i would swear i never seen before bu have played well over 250 hands spread across many dates...

chopchoi
03-24-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gametime+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand.

Bluffoon
03-24-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear lots of people talking about poker tracker, so I I download the demo version. I really can't see how any of this info is going to benefit me. I already know that AQ is profitable and that Q6 is not. I hardly ever play against the same opponent twice, so it won't help me there.

What else can it do for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you doing though with JT? Your small pairs? Axs? How are you doing out of the blinds? Are you calling too much on the river? Are you winning or losing from upfront? Who is killing you? How are they doing it? Have you reviewed all your confrontations with them? Are you making more money per hour playing four 2/4 tables or two 3/6?

Pokertracker can answer all of these questions and more.

95Aero
03-24-2005, 08:26 PM
One good thing with PT is to keep track of your winnings as well, break it down to monthly totals and stuff like that.

In addition I find it useful to try to indentify leaks in my play and how I play various hands in different positions.