PDA

View Full Version : The new AleoMagus Spreadsheet is here!

Slim Pickens
03-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Here it is. The latest version (I’ll call it 2.2c) of the AleoMagus Super SnG spreadsheet is available for testing. Anyone with Excel should be able to try it. Simply enter the date, start time, duration, and finish position of your tournaments in the appropriate fields. Only change cells with grey backgrounds. Improvements in this version, courtesy of dfscott, who did all the VBasic, and myself:

a) general improvements to the auto-recording UI
b) compatibility improvement of the auto-recording macro with hand-entered data
c) multitable utilization factor – This is essentially just the number of tables running simultaneously at any one time.
d) many bugs squashed

There may still be problems, but dfscott and I both seem to think it’s working, so we might as well throw it out there for testing and review. Post bugs, reviews, and questions here to help us refine the spreadsheet and generate the FAQ.

Thanks go to MowrMowr for hosting.
zip file (1.7 MB) (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_v2.2c.zip)
unzipped version (8.2 MB) (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_v2.2c.xls)

some MSExcel tutorial site (http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm)

NOTE To those who have used the auto-recording UI to record your tournaments: We’ve changed the way the macro enters the time in the “Time” column. Previously, it had appended the date as well, but I think this causes a lot of confusion for users trying to enter data by hand, so now it just enters the time as hh:mm:ss. This required a change in the cells where the multitable overlap calculations are done. As a result, if you recorded tournaments under the old macro, when you copy and paste the cells into the new sheet, all the “total hours” numbers will be wrong. To fix this, change cell in column V of any row recorded under the old macro to “=Ex” where “x” is the row number in question. Leave any blank or hand-entered rows unchanged.

dfscott
03-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Just a quick note on the tab names:

You can rename the data entry tabs to whatever you want now without breaking anything (just double-click them and type the new name). When you use the "start tournament" button, it will show the tab names on the buttons and the data will be entered into that sheet. However, don't copy a tab and delete the original -- the macros are tied to the actual sheets, not the names on the tabs.

ZebraAss
03-24-2005, 05:54 PM
I have played a few hundred SNG's this week. What would be the best way to record them.

- Poker tracker(which I do not have, but I can get)
- AleoMagus's original spreadsheet
- New AleoMagus spread sheet
- Hood's version of...AleoMagus's spreadsheet.

dfscott
03-24-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

- Poker tracker(which I do not have, but I can get)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh. I love PT for ring games, but it's merely adequate for SnGs. The only thing I use it for is to replay tournaments and to cross-check my Spreadsheet numbers. I recommend it, but IMHO, it's not sufficient on its own.

[ QUOTE ]
- AleoMagus's original spreadsheet

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent if your computer is slow or you get impatient waiting for the "super" version.

[ QUOTE ]
- New AleoMagus spread sheet

[/ QUOTE ]

If your computer can handle it, I recommend this. Of course, I'm biased, since I've worked on it some. You also won't be able to reap the other big benefit, which is automated entry and time tracking while you play (since you've already played yours).

[ QUOTE ]
- Hood's version of...AleoMagus's spreadsheet.

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea -- never used it (AFAIK).

ZebraAss
03-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Can I import the HH's for any of them. I know Hood's version you can but I have been having troubles...

Slim Pickens
03-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Hood's SnG Tracker can take the data from your Poker Tracker database, but I'm assuming you must have PT create the database from the HH's stored on your hard drive. The AM spreadsheet v2.2 won't import any old data (you have to enter it manually) but it can record new tournaments very easily.

ZebraAss
03-24-2005, 06:31 PM
So...i am very lazy. Would I be able to go back to my old tournaments and plug in everything at one time...like at the end of each day. I wouldnt get the times for the tournaments but that really isnt important to me right now

bluesbassman
03-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Does anyone know whether this works with the OpenOffice spreadsheet software? It appears to recognize and open the SnG document, but I haven't tested whether the calculations and features work properly. Since I haven't yet used the spreadsheet, I'm probably not a good person to test it using OpenOffice. Any volunteers? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Slim Pickens
03-24-2005, 07:11 PM
How do you have them recorded now? If they're in the old AM spreadsheet you can just copy and paste the grey cells into the new sheet. Otherwise, you just have to type them.

Nicok7
03-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Seems like good work! Haven't seen it all yet but I can see a little bug in the money tab/stats, for types of tournaments that I have never played, like 10$STT, it thinks I am down one buy in and show a total profit of $-11 in that case...

Keep up the good work

byronkincaid
03-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Can it fit more than 750 games per sheet? 1000 would be good. 5000 would be really really good.

dfscott
03-25-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't seen it all yet but I can see a little bug in the money tab/stats, for types of tournaments that I have never played, like 10$STT, it thinks I am down one buy in and show a total profit of $-11 in that case...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a holdover from the original spreadsheet -- I remember that happening before. The workaround is just to go into the tab for that level and zero out the buy-in and vig cells.

dfscott
03-25-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can it fit more than 750 games per sheet? 1000 would be good. 5000 would be really really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main problem with this is that a ton of row really slows down the calcs. That said, some people have a big enough machine to handle it. If you do, check the readme tab:

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this can be a bit tricky if you are not familiar with excel but basically you will need to insert and copy new rows in both the entries sheet AND in the Data rows of the Stats sheet. It is actually not that difficult, simply hilight the row numbers on the far left and right click. Select insert. As many rows as you hilighted should insert. After this, hilight the info that you need to copy and right click. Select Copy. Hilight all of the inserted rows and right click. Select Paste. If you do this correctly in both the entries page and the Stats page, it should correctly add functional new rows.

[/ QUOTE ]

byronkincaid
03-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks but that might as well be written in Russian. I had to get someone round just to show me how to start the thing. Not to worry.

Privet!

dfscott
03-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Understood -- if you want a 1000 row (or 5000 row) spreadsheet, just PM me your e-mail and I'll be happy to send you one.

Nicok7
03-25-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm starting to really like this new spreadsheet, thanks guys. My only concern at the moment is the Yearly Profit that simply doesn't show at all. Could it be because my 22s sheet misses most starting times, since I didn't use to bother? The 33 and 55 don't show up either even though they are filled in properly... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Voltron87
03-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks. Good stuff.

Slim Pickens
03-25-2005, 06:32 PM
I can't quite understand the problem, but check to see you have the buy-in and vig filled in correctly at the top of the sheet where you've entered the tournaments.

Nicok7
03-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Ok let me re-explain: the stats for each individual buy in are working fine, so are the 'overall' and 'Money' tabs. The trouble I am having is with the 'year' graph wich is completely empty.

One clue as to why this might (emphasis on 'might') is the fact that my local variable is set to french and maybe the dates get messed up? I checked the data that the graph is meant to use and it is empty. I don't know that much about excel but i don't think I've messed up with the sheet other than renaming the tabs and adding a few fields for mysekf.

Any thoughts on this issue? If it helps I could upload the sheet if the creators wanna see it.

kdotsky
03-26-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know whether this works with the OpenOffice spreadsheet software? It appears to recognize and open the SnG document, but I haven't tested whether the calculations and features work properly. Since I haven't yet used the spreadsheet, I'm probably not a good person to test it using OpenOffice. Any volunteers? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I use OpenOffice. I think all the numbers are correct, but some of the graphs didn't seem to work. It took *forever* to save it, and was slow opening and converting it too, even if i saved it as open office format. Basically I got fed up with it and gave up. I had never used the spreadsheet before, but from what I could tell all the numbers were correct.

Slim Pickens
03-27-2005, 04:07 PM
So as it turns out, the start date for the yearly graph is set on the first date that appears in the first worksheet, originally labeled "11s." Either use that sheet or just put a date in the first cell on that sheet and it should work fine.

Also, we've found the tournaments must be entered in chronological order for the multitabling calculations to work correctly.

Slim Pickens
03-28-2005, 03:16 PM
New version 2.2d posted 3/28

zip file (2.1 MB) (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_v2.2d.zip)

unzipped file (10.2 MB) (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_v2.2d.xls)

fixes: Tournaments started before midnight and ended after now correctly recorded. That's what happens when I start messing with VBasic... Also, random ignoring of 200 tournaments in SNG2 fixed.

addition: colored tabs!

NOTE: Tournaments must be listed in chronological order for multitabling time calculations to be correct. You can do this by selecting ALL of your input data in a given worksheet. Select columns C, D, E, and F from row 13 (the top row where tournaments are entered) to the bottom of your data. Go to Data>Sort, select "sort by" Date, "then by" Time.

bathroompants
03-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Does this include the auto import UI? Or can you tell me where to get it?

Slim Pickens
03-31-2005, 12:01 AM
"auto import," no. "auto record," yes. You can auto-record new SNG's as they happen, but the old ones have to be entered manually unless you've got NerdSkilzzz. I'm sure there are ways to jockey the data out of Poker Tracker if you have it.

MrBlueNose
04-04-2005, 06:01 PM
I'm getting a 404 error when attempting to download the zip or xls. Anyone else?

Slim Pickens
04-04-2005, 06:03 PM
try here for the latest version (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2055745&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

MrBlueNose
04-04-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
try here for the latest version (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2055745&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it. Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif