PDA

View Full Version : how to get that extra edge? VPIP/PFR stats and other questions

mindflayer
03-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Ok I was talking to my coach about how to make
more money. I am about +2BB over 75k hands at 5-10 (6 max)
3-4 tabling.
I am trying to push it up to +2.5BB/100
I recently loaded gametime+ in an effort to get that extra edge.
my vpip and pfr are roughly 30/18. 2BB/100

1) What are your vpip/pfr and your BB/100

2) If you cant post your own #, What do you think think the optimal numbers should be?!?
Am I limping after other limpers too much?!? ie should I be going for 26/21?

3) i added one extra stat to gametime which was post flop agression #. How high does this number have to be to be 95% confident that the player will bet (after you) so you can check raise.

4) for Game time+ users...I initially tried relying on the stats for decision making, but had a few bad sessions always trying to interpret stats before every play. Now I play my regular game and only use the stats to make boarderlind decisions.
What other stats do you have showing and when do you use them?

5) I am planning to stay at this level for another 30-60k
hands (1-2 months) but then plan to move up.
Which game 15-30 full ring games or 10-20 (6 max)do you think is easier? (based on weak player game selection, not your skills)

Thanks in advance

Mindflayer

J.R.
03-24-2005, 03:07 PM
I have played a lot with you and am suprised to see you ask these questions...fwiw the questions you posed aren't the type that will/can be answered in a meaningful manner, espcially the first 3.

If you are looking for the extra edge you have to psot marginal hands, not ask vague questions- fwiw people win playing 17/10 - 30/25 and beyond, but that should have little relevance to the manner in which you play and the identification of the optimal range of preflop stats for you.

IMO you coldcall and look to float it postflop too much v. me.

brettbrettr
03-24-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
float it

[/ QUOTE ]

definition please.

J.R.
03-24-2005, 03:16 PM
coldcalling preflop looking to bluff or semi-bluff raise postflop, usually the turn

mindflayer
03-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Thanks JR,
I'll be more specific in the future
(1 question at a time)
and I'll start to post hands.

Alobar
03-26-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have played a lot with you and am suprised to see you ask these questions...fwiw the questions you posed aren't the type that will/can be answered in a meaningful manner, espcially the first 3.

If you are looking for the extra edge you have to psot marginal hands, not ask vague questions- fwiw people win playing 17/10 - 30/25 and beyond, but that should have little relevance to the manner in which you play and the identification of the optimal range of preflop stats for you.

IMO you coldcall and look to float it postflop too much v. me.

[/ QUOTE ]

great post