PDA

View Full Version : Your play here?

1C5
03-24-2005, 02:33 PM
No read on player unfortunately.

A) How are my first 3 bets (initial raise, the $3 and $7 bets)

B) What would you do after being reraised?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($22.95)
Button ($38.05)
SB ($12)
BB ($14.25)
UTG ($31.2)
UTG+1 ($24.8)
MP1 ($38.7)
Hero ($21.3)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls $0.75, Button calls $0.75, SB (poster) calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4.50) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, CO folds, Button calls $3, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($10.50) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $14</font>, Hero ?

MikeL
03-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Preflop: I like something like $1.50
Flop: Ok, going up to the pot bet probably would have changed anything.
Turn: I probably call here and hope the board pairs. This is probably a hole in my game, though. It seems as if your chaser caught his spade and you should fold.

Regards,
Mike L.

etgryphon
03-24-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: I like something like $1.50
Flop: Ok, going up to the pot bet probably would have changed anything.
Turn: I probably call here and hope the board pairs. This is probably a hole in my game, though. It seems as if your chaser caught his spade and you should fold.

Regards,
Mike L.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this line.... You are getting ~4.5:1 pot odds on the call so it is +EV for the call even if you are beat. If you had a deeper stacks I think an allin reraise would be in order, but you both don't have enough chips to make it an effective play, but it still might be worth doing because even a small percent Fold Equity would make up for calling on the river.

-Gryph

kurto
03-24-2005, 03:29 PM
I would bump your preflop raise up... $1 minimum. $1.50 tops. 3xbb raise is meaningless at these tables. Almost the same as limping. And, I think you'll get a larger variety of hands calling a 3xbb then a 5bb bet.

Personally, I would definitely pot it or more on the flop. On a rainbow board, I might be a little tamer, but with 2 spades, I want to make it scary for draws.

I would call his minraise... $7 for a $31 pot. You have 10 outs w/46 unseen... You're getting there 1 out every 4.5 times. The pots laying you practically the same. If you hit, you will get an additional $4.

We also have to consider that he could have a straight. Villain could also have also smoothcalled with a decent pocket pair with a /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I'll be curious if I'm alone here... anyone else think of pushing here?

1C5
03-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Pushing where? Pushing instead of my $7 bet or pushing after his raise?

kurto
03-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Pushing after his turn raise. Its only $4 more... but I think (1) if you're behind, you have ~20% of rivering him (2) there's a chance he's semibluffing with something like Top pair and nutflush draw and (3) there's a chance he has even less (a lower PP, 2 pair).

Considering the pot odds... you can't fold. And regardless of what hits on the river, if you think there's even a 1 in 10 chance he doesn't have the flush or a straight, you have to call your last 4 dollars.

If I'm way off here, please some me say something... I'd hate to be giving insane advice.

etgryphon
03-24-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing after his turn raise. Its only $4 more... but I think (1) if you're behind, you have ~20% of rivering him (2) there's a chance he's semibluffing with something like Top pair and nutflush draw and (3) there's a chance he has even less (a lower PP, 2 pair).

Considering the pot odds... you can't fold. And regardless of what hits on the river, if you think there's even a 1 in 10 chance he doesn't have the flush or a straight, you have to call your last 4 dollars.

If I'm way off here, please some me say something... I'd hate to be giving insane advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I agree with this...It is a bit of a trade. I can't see the Villan dropping for 4 dollars more, but even if no help comes, like you said, you have to be sure that he has the flush or the straight better than 90% of the time and I'm not sure this is possible online. If the Hero had more chips I think this is a definate allin reraise.

-Gryph

Tilt
03-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Bet more preflop.

I think the flop is fine.

The turn is a tough one. I think you barely have odds to call, but are fairly committed if you do, so that you can pretty much kiss your last $10 goodbye if you call this $7. If your stack was larger it would be an easy call, but I think here you have to either fold, or decide that there is a decent chance he is bluffing the flush and push all-in.