PDA

View Full Version : Geek question of the day

sfer
03-24-2005, 12:31 PM

jakethebake
03-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Is a Wave Motion Gun anything like the Bose Wave Radio?

RustedCorpse
03-24-2005, 01:40 PM
How about including option c, "A nice Marmot."

CCass
03-24-2005, 03:51 PM
I bet the Death Star would be a real chick magnet.

jakethebake
03-24-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the Death Star would be a real chick magnet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. Pull up out front and honk that baby's horn. Hust don't hit the wrong button. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

RustedCorpse
03-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Jake who is that chick in your gif man?

Macdaddy Warsaw
03-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Like the answer to nearly every, "Who's that chick?" question which has been asked in the past month, it is, once again, Alizee.

sfer
03-25-2005, 11:56 AM
How can 34 people be so wrong? The Wave Motion Gun is so powerful just the anticipation of using it caused Derek Wildstar to sweat profusely.

BottlesOf
03-25-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

How about including option c, "A nice Marmot."

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG Shaun you are on posting FIRE!!!! I love it.

BottlesOf
03-25-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Uh-oh, fire just went out.... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

JinX11
03-25-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf n00b?!? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jakethebake
03-25-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can 34 people be so wrong? The Wave Motion Gun is so powerful just the anticipation of using it caused Derek Wildstar to sweat profusely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that you're the only one that knows what the Wave Motion Gun is so everyone else just voted Deathstar.

offTopic
03-25-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cwo.zaq.ne.jp/bfamp703/images/Wave_motion_gun.jpg

jakethebake
03-25-2005, 02:04 PM
This would explain it. I'm guessing most 2+2ers don't read Japanese.

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.cwo.zaq.ne.jp/bfamp703/images/Wave_motion_gun.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

sfer
03-25-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that you're the only one that knows what the Wave Motion Gun is so everyone else just voted Deathstar.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I blame the US Department of Education.

jakethebake
03-25-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No. I blame the US Department of Education.

[/ QUOTE ]

Works for me. When in doubt, it's probably the government's fault. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peachy
03-25-2005, 03:04 PM
all i can say....is this scares me....deeply

DMBFan23
03-25-2005, 03:15 PM
even if both can blow up a planet, I'd rather have a pimp space station to fly around in than a gun that I have to lug around and worry about someone beating me up when I'm not looking and taking it from me.

Sponger15SB
03-25-2005, 03:18 PM
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/pics/86hgetalife1.jpg

William Shatner: You know, before I answer any more questions there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over the years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you have traveled... y'know... hundreds of miles to be here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you people? I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a TV show! I mean, look at you, look at the way you're dressed! You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I did as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

[ a crowd of shocked and dismayed Trekkies.... ]

I mean, how old are you people? What have you done with yourselves?

[ to "Ears" ] You, you must be almost 30... have you ever kissed a girl?

[ "Ears" hangs his head ]

I didn't think so! There's a whole world out there! When I was your age, I didn't watch television! I LIVED! So... move out of your parent's basements! And get your own apartments and GROW THE HELL UP! I mean, it's just a TV show dammit, IT'S JUST A TV SHOW!

Charlie: Are- are you saying then that we should pay more attention to the movies?

William Shatner: NO!!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M SAYING AT ALL!!! HEY, YOU GUYS ARE... THE LAMEST BUNCH... I'VE NEVER SEEN... [ walks away from podium ] I can't believe these people... I mean, I really can't understand what's....

[ Emcee argues with Shatner off-mike, shoves him, Shatner shoves back harder.... ]

offTopic
03-25-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm a little surprised Dynasty hasn't chimed in on this thread.

I saw, I think, two "seasons" of the dubbed version when I was in elementary school like 100 years ago. I don't recall the Argo/Yamato ever taking out an entire planet with the WMG.

...and if there are any Bay Area oldsters on here, hearken back to the days of Captain Cosmic and 2T2:

http://users.snowcrest.net/fox/cos3.JPG

Space Giants, Spectreman, Ultraman, Starblazers (and that godawful Johnny Sakko). Good times...

sfer
03-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Don't even get me started about the SDF1.

Eihli
03-25-2005, 04:33 PM
what is that?

RustedCorpse
03-25-2005, 10:20 PM
JBB Keep in mind, I don't watch TV and haven't left my apartment for more than 6 consecutive hours in the last month, so I think not knowing the latest hot pedophile appealing chick is understandable. Besides that marmot comment was good enough to leave me at least at a +1 posting level. (If you still doubt find the Vader v. Superman thread /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

BottlesOf
03-25-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
JBB Keep in mind, I don't watch TV and haven't left my apartment for more than 6 consecutive hours in the last month

[/ QUOTE ]

All the more reason why you should be ashamed. TV has nothing to do with anything. But I agree you are definitely ++PV this week (Posting)

offTopic
03-26-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

SNL sketch when Shatner hosted. Lovitz was wearing the ears, and I think Kevin Nealon was wearing a t-shirt that read, "I grok Spock".

IIRC, the convention guy started showing Shatner a contract, at which point Shatner gets back on the mic and talks about how he was really doing the "Evil Kirk" character (citing episode and season #, of course).