PDA

View Full Version : Going to Stockholm

NYplayer
03-24-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm going to stockholm for 6 days this summer with my girlfriend. For those of you who have been there are live nearby...
Should we just stay in that area and the surrounding swedish countryside or should we try and go to oslo or helsinki for a night or 2 or 3?

mostsmooth
03-24-2005, 10:51 AM
i did a couple stopovers in stockholm (4-6 hours each) and i just toured around. both times were during the day, so it didnt seem so exciting. maybe im just a dull guy, i dont know. but then again , i was by myself so oh well.
i also went to helsinki 4-5 times. helsinki is more of a "city" like new york than stockholm in my opinion. if i was stuck in either stockholm or helsinki, id pick helsinki.
(but please dont base your decisions on my opinion alone)
only 6 days? you should make it like a couple weeks, go to helsinki, estonia, amsterdam etc. amsterdam is probably the best, wait, probably? amsterdam is the best jerry, the best!

partygirluk
03-24-2005, 10:59 AM
You only really need 2 days to see Stockholm. It is a great city though: very romantic, but also offers many things for a single man too. You could try going to one of the islands nearby. One of my friends owns a second house there, say it is like paradise. Oslo is shockingly expensive.

The best hostel I have ever stayed in was in Stockholm, if you want I'll look up the name for you - was really spectacular, even had a sauna!

swede123
03-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Stockholm is plenty good all on its own, but if you decide on going to one other country visit Denmark and Copenhagen. By far the coolest capital of the Scandinavian countries.

If you are on a budget look for a cheap cruise from Stockholm either to Finland or one of the Islands between the two countries (namely one called Åland). There are some super cheap cruise lines with some smaller, older boats, where you can get an overnight trip including a cabin and a couple of meals for like 20 bucks. Seriously, it's that cheap, good times if you want to have fun without spending much.

Have fun, Stockholm is great, especially in the summer time.

Swede

jakethebake
03-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Say hello for me...

http://www.brianx.com/brgraphics4/playboy-bikini-team.jpg