PDA

View Full Version : KK play? river action??

sxz18
03-24-2005, 04:02 AM
Sorry I forgot to save the hand history for this hand so I'm unable to use the converter.

15/30 PartyPoker 10 Handed

Hero has K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif in BB.

<font color="#666666"> 7 folds</font>. <font color="red"> Button raises, </font> <font color="blue"> SB calls, Hero calls. </font>

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets, Button raises, </font> <font color="#666666"> SB folds. </font> <font color="red"> Hero 3-bets, </font> <font color="blue"> Button calls. </font>

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="red"> Hero bets, </font> <font color="blue"> Button calls. </font>

River: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="red"> Hero bets, Button raises </font> ...

Pot: 10.5 BB

philnewall
03-24-2005, 04:36 AM
Dunno, it's close, but why the hell didn't you 3-bet preflop?

JAA
03-24-2005, 06:26 AM
He did 3-bet the flop.

- Jags

JAA
03-24-2005, 06:27 AM
Hey sxz...

Gotta call the river against an unknown. Actually, you gotta call the river against the vast majority of people. You don't have to be pumped about it, but call. FWIW, I would have played it exactly the same.

- Jags

partygirluk
03-24-2005, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey sxz...

Gotta call the river against an unknown. Actually, you gotta call the river against the vast majority of people. You don't have to be pumped about it, but call. FWIW, I would have played it exactly the same.

- Jags

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think folding is an option. The question is "to 3 bet or not to 3 bet"

lostinthought
03-24-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He did 3-bet the flop.

- Jags

[/ QUOTE ]

wake up buddy.

lostinthought
03-24-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lostinthought
03-24-2005, 09:45 AM
I just call here.

I think you are ahead more often than not, but the times you aren't you will probably be 4-bet.

fearme
03-24-2005, 09:51 AM
call

Sleeping Son
03-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Why didn't you 3-bet preflop? With the sb trapped between you and the button, there isn't much point in getting fancy here, get the money from the sb.

Given that you didn't 3-bet preflop, you have now a good opportunity to check-raise the flop, hoping the sb calls the bet from the button and gets trapped between you and the button.

The river seems like a very easy 3-bet to me.

sxz18
03-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Preflop I did not 3-bet because Button was being overly aggressive from hand to hand. However, he was not being stupidly aggressive; he picked his spots. SB was a passive/weak player who had a tendency to overplay his blinds but fold out on the flop. I figure I'd try to trap the Button by flopping an overpair or even better, top set.

On the river, I thought for a little bit and figured the button to have two pair. Of course I wasn't thinking of folding, I was thinking whether I should 3-bet or just call. I decided to 3-bet and Button immediately capped...this is when I figured the Button had me beat. Button showed Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for flush.

Any way I could have avoided this? I don't think a 3-bet preflop would've done it...

flawless_victory
03-24-2005, 07:41 PM
RAISING THIS RIVER WOULD BE PRETTY DUMB. FOLDING WOULD BE FULL BLOWN IDIOCY.

peachy
03-24-2005, 11:29 PM
i 3bet this preflop.....

SpaceAce
03-25-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Any way I could have avoided this? I don't think a 3-bet preflop would've done it...

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean anything. You three-bet because worse hands (which is almost all of them) are literally giving you money with every bet they put in pre-flop.

Some people just won't come off a hand while it has even a remote chance of becoming a winner and if that's the case with the opponent in this hand, you were doomed from the start. I think the river is a call nearly every time. It would take special circumstances to get me to raise or fold.

SpaceAce

rusty090
03-25-2005, 09:48 PM
I tend to agree, 3-bet the preflop... That way, on the flop, you can raise again still representing a stong hand. I would tend to think the guy wouldn't chase a runner-runner flush after a 3-bet on preflop and a raise on the flop.