PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting 99 hand

DMBFan23
03-24-2005, 03:56 AM
Sup Homies,

this hand was kind of interesting I thought. I was hoping for some thoughts on thw whole shebang. both players are TAGs, and though they certainly have their nuances, let's assume garden variety TAG as that's all I knew at the time.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

gaming_mouse
03-24-2005, 03:58 AM
I fold preflop. EDIT: This is the only point that is even close, IMO.

I also fold the flop.

And I don't bet the turn.

Are you hoping they both have AK?

pokerkai
03-24-2005, 04:02 AM
I think coldcalling the flop is pretty bad

einbert
03-24-2005, 04:03 AM
Mouse we are getting 5-1 PF, to me just sticking around for set value is worthwhile.

I would fold the flop.

SackUp
03-24-2005, 04:03 AM
Interesting hand. What happened on the river? Did you bet out again?

If you are going to call two cold on the flop b/c you think you are ahead, then I think you 3 bet and see what happens. If they both call then I bet out and fold to a raise on the turn UI. You don't have much of a draw and given the heavy preflop action a higher PP is very likely.

It seems they either both just have overcards or put you on 10 10. Overcards seem more likely given the ragged board and them just calling you (unless they REALLY respect you). However, I still think you 3 bet to get a better indication where you are at and maybe get mp1 to fold and give you better odds if overcards come on the turn and river.

With that said I think a preflop fold or fold on the flop are both in order. I would probably fold preflop, but 3 bet the flop if i'm still around.

DMBFan23
03-24-2005, 04:04 AM
postflop I am pretty sure I effed up, but fold this preflop? I don't know about that one, I gotta disagree

Alexthegreat
03-24-2005, 04:04 AM
You would fold preflop if it came back capped to you after you'd raised??

Against TAGs only right??

Against any other types you are still calling the cap, correct??

I know I'm bombarding you with questions tonight, mouse, but I need to work on my play with PPs, so any help is appreciated

gaming_mouse
03-24-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
postflop I am pretty sure I effed up, but fold this preflop? I don't know about that one, I gotta disagree

[/ QUOTE ]

check my edit. this is close, so i don't want to argue. but i still think i'd fold myself. there is a very good chance you are against an overpair.

DMBFan23
03-24-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check my edit. this is close, so i don't want to argue. but i still think i'd fold myself. there is a very good chance you are against an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

EDIT: on the closeness

pokerkai
03-24-2005, 04:06 AM
I dont mind calling preflop...if its +ev...its razor thin...if its a mistake, not by much.

gaming_mouse
03-24-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You would fold preflop if it came back capped to you after you'd raised??

Against TAGs only right??

[/ QUOTE ]
Against two players whose 3-bet/cap range is AA-TT, AK.

You have only 20% equity, versus their 40 each.

And yes, against loser players I call.

ThePenguin
03-24-2005, 04:15 AM
Against TAG's I would have laid it down on the flop. I'm more interested in why your bracket is f*****d. I feel your pain in that regard. My championship teams were Wake and Syracuse