PDA

View Full Version : grr step 4

kdotsky
03-24-2005, 01:55 AM
11 left. Top 10 get step 4, top 8 get step 5. I am shortstack in small bind with 600 after posting (100/200). There's a stack with 800 in MP, and a stack with 900 UTG. These are the smallest stacks, the other table is all > 1K. UTG goes all in. Everyone folds to me, I have AKo. I played a step 3 with this guy and he made several bonehead plays on the bubble (playing with hands like KQ/KJ when he could probably fold into the money). However, in the near past he has been pretty tight. I figure he's startin to feel the pressure, and has AK-AJ, KQ, 88-AA.

Another consideration is the big blind to my left. He has about 2500 , has been in several pots, and has shown a willingness to play even though he could probably coast. This affects my ability to steal in the next few hands to some degree.

So I can call and pray I dominate him (and win), which would guarantee me top 10 and a shot at top 8, or fold and either hope to use folding equity with steals, pick up a hand, or have someone else bust.

What's the right play?