PDA

View Full Version : WTF?

Chizoad
03-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Farting around in a 6 handed 1-2 game on Party, and they start applying the pressure. No reads to speak of, since I just sat down.

I pick up A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif, UTG raises, next guy folds, I 3-bet, the button caps, SB mucks the BB calls 3, UTG calls, I call. 4 way to the flop, 16.5 SBs.

Flop is Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif, checked to me, I bet, button raises, BB cold calls 2, I call. 3 to the turn, 11.25 BB's.

BB and I check the 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, button bets and now the BB check raises... Easy muck right? I can't figure any way I'm not cornholed here.

The annoying thing is that the BB bet the river and the button folded.

Chiz

Alobar
03-24-2005, 02:06 AM
I would have called.

I can come up with some hands you beat, and the pot is so ginormous you are getting good odds, even having to call 2 cold.

tolbiny
03-24-2005, 02:15 AM
you still have to assume calling one bet on the river, not to mention more bets coming back at you on the turn, r having to call two on the river.

Chizoad
03-24-2005, 02:16 AM
The reason I posted this hand is because I suspect folding in big pots may be a leak in my game. Would you routinely call in this position even facing the possibility of a 3-bet from the button?

Later I got a better read on the player who check raised the turn, and found they'd do this with a draw. Oh well.

Alobar
03-24-2005, 02:31 AM
I dont see the button 3 betting here without QQ or TT, QQ is very unlikely and TT prolly doesnt cap the flop.

If the pot were smaller then its an easier decision, but its so big I think youve got the odds and its worth it.

but im tired and its late, and im sure somone will come along and post something with some math and ill wake up in the morning and go "wow, I suck"....so who knows /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bizot
03-24-2005, 03:23 AM
i call down, i've seen people raise with middle pair terrible kicker many times, its frustrating when they have it but most of the time they are just trying to do what he did.

Buy the pot.

mungpo
03-24-2005, 03:29 AM
Would it be considered weak to fold in this situation? A check-raise from the BB on the turn concerns me, especially since he cold called 2 bets on the flop.