PDA

View Full Version : Learning to love bad beats, part 2.

SNOWBALL138
03-24-2005, 12:45 AM
I've been playing live for the past 10 days. Haven't been on party poker for 10 days or so.
And lo and behold...
9 out of the money in a row in single table tournements.

I used to get more phased when would get beaten by bad players several times in a row. I probably will be phased also in the future. Why am I not very phased now?

1. I am grateful to know that I was able to outplay my opponents.

2. I am grateful for my overall profits

3. I am grateful for my future profits

4. 9 out of the money doesn't have a significant impact on my bankroll. I will be able to continue to play profitibly.

From now on, I'm going to try and keep these things in my mind whenever I suffer several bad beats in a row.

Now, that said. Its probably best that I quit for the night. Not because I am on a "bad run." I am not trying to "change my luck." I refuse to believe that prior events of chance have any bearing on future events of chance. I refuse to believe that party poker is rigged and is punishing me for cashing out and not playing on their site for the past 10 days. However, since I am off to a bad start tonight, I would rather play later and get off to a good start. A positive (not just a neutral) frame of mind is important for me.

Anyway, I'm off to the pool hall. Feel free to share your thoughts.

P.S. 5. I am grateful to the little voice inside me for telling me to head down to the pool hall and cool off instead of possible playing in what might be "pre-tilt" mode.