PDA

View Full Version : Play from the Bellagio Satellite in UB

sirio11
03-24-2005, 12:19 AM
blinds 15-30. I have about T2100, 4 limpers, I'm in the button with KQ, table have been limping a lot, so I decide to take the pot right there and raise to 275, blinds fold, 1st 2 limpers fold, and 3rd limper with a 6k stack reraises to 930 (675 more), next limper fold, and I go all in for 2100, It does not make sense to me he has AK or a big pair with the action, so I decide he has a medium pair, and with my almost immediate reraise all in, I hope he thinks I have a big pair, but even if he calls, I'm not much of a dog. He calls with 88 and I lost.

Thoughts?

sdplayerb
03-24-2005, 12:25 AM
i think your reasoning and play was great.
only problem is you were playing against a jackass who thinks 88 is a monster.
and with the chips you have in the pot and the setup for the tourney, it isn't the end of the world he called.

MLG
03-24-2005, 12:33 AM
I think thats an excellent play. I agree you can't put the raiser on a big hand, problem is he's getting a very good price here, basicaly 2.5:1. Thats more than enough to call if your range here is AK,AQ,AA,KK,QQ,JJ which he is about a 3:2 dog to. That said I hate calling and seeing a flop with half your chips in play here, so I probably push and dare him to gamble with me anyway. He probably does fold AJ/A10 type hands.