PDA

View Full Version : Pokertracker stats- Bad player indicator?

jdock99
03-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Obviously it takes a tremendous amount of hands to accurately know your own (or another players) win rate. However, many of the other stats converge remarkably quickly, such as VPIP and PFR%. I was just curious as to what you think is a fairly predictable statline telling you if a player is bad. I have a pretty good idea of which states indicate a good/solid player because its been discussed so much recently on this forum. At this time my best estimation of bad players is someone with a VPIP higher than 30 and a showdown win % lower than 50%. Ideally, I suppose you would also wish these players have low PFR and overall aggressiveness, indicating loose passive, but it seems most of these players are hyperaggressive and tricky.
Thanx

rmarotti
03-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Why are you posting this here?

jdock99
03-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Why does "the" start with a t?

Peter_rus
03-24-2005, 07:33 PM
If player limps 3 times in one orbit then he is bad and i want him at my tables.

[ QUOTE ]
At this time my best estimation of bad players is someone with a VPIP higher than 30 and a showdown win % lower than 50%

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP is actually bad stat to consider bad player. My VPIP is around 22 at 15/30 between 7 and 10 players on a table. But majority of this vpip comes from blinds. More important stat is See flop not a blind and it's compareness to PFR. The more difference between SFNB and PFR - the worse is a player.

W$SD is useless stat until thousand or 2 of hands. WSD is way more important.

Girchuck
03-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Just find people with 40+ VPIP and 5- PFR over 100+ hands.
See if they improve aggression, if not, you got the ideal bad player