PDA

View Full Version : top ten afghanistan , heh

brad
10-11-2002, 05:01 AM
http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/00000006DA98.htm

----------------------------------------
'We've got bin Laden surrounded' said a US military official in November 2001, as American bombers closed in on Tora Bora in south-eastern Afghanistan. But somehow bin Laden and other 'high-ranking al-Qaeda officials' managed to escape - 'in broad daylight and in full view of US forces', according to one report.

In January 2002, New Yorker magazine reported that 'a US-approved evacuation of Pakistani military officers and intelligence advisers last November "slipped out of control" and a number of Taliban and al-Qaeda fighters joined the exodus' - or, as one US official put it, 'Dirt got through the screen'.
------------------------

----------------------------
'We will stop chasing shadows', said a US military spokesman in January 2002, claiming that America would put a 'clear focus on capturing bin Laden'. 'I truly am not that concerned about [bin Laden], I know he is on the run', said President Bush in March 2002. 'The goal has never been to get bin Laden', said General Richard Myers, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, in April 2002. 'I don't have a particular name affixed to what I'm going up against', said US lieutenant-general Dan McNeill in June 2002. 'We are fighting a shadowy enemy dwelling in dark corners of the Earth', said President Bush in July 2002. Does that mean the US will be chasing shadows…?
---------------------------------------