PDA

View Full Version : Dropped off PP waiting list

Gonzo58
03-23-2005, 08:14 PM
I have been getting dropped off the PP waiting list 15 30 and 30 60 a lot lately
I will be watching the game that I am going to get into and for no reason I will get dropped of the waiting list for all my games
I contacted PP but they act like they do not know what I am talking about
Is this happing to any one ells?

JAA
03-23-2005, 08:24 PM
This happened to me for two days straight about two weeks ago, but hasn't happened since. I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me, I thought I was losing my mind.

- Jags

BeerGolfPoker
03-23-2005, 08:32 PM
I've never been taken off while I was watching the game I was attempting to enter, though sometimes while I'm on the 30/60 WL I will mysteriously be taken off if I don't have any of the 30/60 tables open.

[ QUOTE ]
I contacted PP

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a better chance of hacking into their system and placing yourself at the top of the WL than getting substantive help from PP support. These people suck.

PassiveCaller
03-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I had the same problem happen to me a few times awhile back and complained to them and they pretty much told me there was no problem yet it still seems to occur... Some great programming going on!

Fianchetto
03-23-2005, 08:38 PM
yup, happened to me while waiting for 30-60 a couple times, really annoying.

Gonzo58
03-23-2005, 08:55 PM
It realy sucks on the 30 60 after you have been waiting for
2 hours.

SA125
03-23-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't understand why they let the weasels cut you on the list. Imagine in a cardroom a guy jumps into your seat. They're making a fortune so they could give a rat's ass.

TStoneMBD
03-23-2005, 09:58 PM
has happened to me

hogger
03-23-2005, 10:31 PM
You were probably on a list where none of their bots where playing. Are you a winning player? It happens to me everyday but not to any of my fishy friends!

tpir90036
03-24-2005, 12:31 AM
This happens to me all the time if I leave a table up that I am on the waiting list for and join a waiting list on another table. Kind of like when you are waiting for the BB at one table and then join another and then the first table thinks you are away.

My solution to the waiting list problem is to just close the table immediately once I was added to the waiting list. It doesn't seem to kick you off if the table is not up in a window.

*shrug*.... it definitely happens though. It's amazing how low budget and crappy a piece of software the party sknis are.

Mizzles
03-24-2005, 12:47 AM
This topic was also discussed here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1099489&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)

I called them about this a few months ago, they told me they had NEVER gotten this complaint and it was the first time they were hearing it.

Then I called them about it again, asked to talk to their supervisor, she looked at my history and said it was a problem with my internet provider, that I had "microdisconnections" that would kick me off the list but not long enough for me to notice. I doubt this is true, because I have occasionally had a true internet provider problem, and lost connection for say 30 seconds and when it reconnects I'm still on the lists.

It is ridiculous that a site that makes this much money can't repair such a huge bug.

Let me ask this -- is there anyone out there that has never or only rarely get's kicked off of the PP lists? Is this a universal problem across all skins? One guy told me he had the same problem until he switched his computer and now he never has it. Not sure what to make of that.

lozen
03-24-2005, 11:27 AM
I agree on the support. Funny thing is I play the Eurobet Skin i get awesome e-mail support.

tpir90036
03-24-2005, 11:33 AM
All I know is that:

1) There are ways that I can repodcuce the problem.
2) There are things I can do to avoid the problem.

This tells me that while the problem *might* be local to my machine...it is still some sort of flaw with the software since it is repoducable.

stigmata
03-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Me too, very often. The last update seemed to fix it for me though.

Gonzo58
03-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Just did it again I was on all 6 of 30 60 waiting list and it dropped me off all of them.
I think we all need to send in complaints and they may fix it

Gonzo58
03-24-2005, 10:45 PM
I called PP they told me it was my computer that I was running to many programs or I had been on it for to long.
The only thing I was running was PT I did not tell them that
and I had just strated my computer.
Then they told me I should not be on more than three waiting lists at a time.
Guess I will half to live with it What a joke

peachy
03-24-2005, 11:35 PM
it happens to me ALOT...some people have said they email them and get put back on the top of the list...i usually have a few things i can do to wait so i just say GGRRRRR!!!! and then wait it out. But on those 30/60 tables i know the wait can be GGRRRR!! so id email them in that case and tell them they r making u GGRRR!! and they will put u ahead of the line! YAY!