PDA

View Full Version : AAAx(s)/AAAA

ilya
03-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Now, it seems that most of the time you want to muck trips/quads in a hurry. But AAAx(s) and AAAA seem like they might be exceptions, since with these hands you have a (near) monopoly on *the* key O/8 card. So, would you play these hands agressive preflop in some situations, not because you have a good hand, but because you figure your opponents don't either?

Actually, aren't AAA2(s)/AAA3(s) decent hands anyway? After all that third Ace is not completely useless -- it makes it less likely that your low will be counterfeited.

Yads
03-23-2005, 07:52 PM
You should only play AAA2 or A222, maybe AAA3, AAAA is nearly useless unless you're playing heads up, since there is no way for you to hit trips and your high pair is not going to hold up often enough in a multi way pot. You also have no draws with AAAA.

Matt Ruff
03-24-2005, 11:50 AM
AAA2 and AAA3 are playable, especially if suited, and at a loose table I'd see a cheap flop with AAA4 and AAA5. The other AAAx hands, and AAAA, are junk.

-- M. Ruff

Ironman
03-24-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm always amazed when I see people play trips against me. I saw KKKQ win a hand one night when the guy hit a miracle straight in the river. Made a note to target him for the rest of the night.

Dave Decker

Black Aces 518
03-24-2005, 06:12 PM
i lost a pot to 2225 on UB two nights ago. he wasn't in either blind. I figure, if you don't fold there, your flops seen must be 100%.

kismet
03-25-2005, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should only play AAA2 or A222, maybe AAA3, AAAA is nearly useless unless you're playing heads up, since there is no way for you to hit trips and your high pair is not going to hold up often enough in a multi way pot. You also have no draws with AAAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

bah you have a draw to the nuts if quads hit the board

chaos
03-25-2005, 09:43 AM
I'll would usually play AAA2 ns, AAA2 s, and AAA3 s for one bet.

If it is checked to me in late position and I had AAAA, I might raise. Since you only get AAAA once every 270,725 hands it is not something you should worry about. If you played 30 hands per hour for 40 hours per week, you would only get AAAA once every four and one third years.

Trainwreck
03-26-2005, 03:12 AM
I can't recall the last time I got quads...

Anyone who shows down crappy trips hand gets added to my FISH list pronto.

>TW<