PDA

View Full Version : having trouble all of a sudden

MissOt
03-23-2005, 07:18 PM
i feel like there is something wrong with my game, but i cant figure out what it is.

i have about 45k hands now at NL25/50. i used to be able to crush it, but now i win like every other day if that. i used to 4 table then 8 table and now i tried 16 tabling. even if i just 8 table i still lose. my poker mentality is gone. i used to get sucked out for $25 and it not phase me at all. now every little stupid play gets me pissed. my vpip was 9 during this session of 16 tabling. that could be a problem lol. i have stats if you want me to post stats. maybe i should move up? im playing well under my bankroll. im staring to enjoy tournies alot more now like stars $5 and $11 rebuys. i used to be able to fold when i was beat now i end up calling down. im overbetting everything, maybe im not milking enough or getting paid when i should.

mainly though my focus is gone. i have no discipline or patience and get slightly irritated at the smallest things. anything you guys can reccomend? i know im rambling but im trying to list all of the possible problems. i need to get back to my game. maybe this game isnt right for me. ill appreciate any responses cuz im in a rut right now and i dont see my getting out of it anytime soon.

something anything flame me idc! thx

dtbog
03-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Take a break for a bit?

Take a walk, have some sex, etc etc?

iceman5
03-23-2005, 07:53 PM
4 tables, 8 tables, 16 tables? Of No Limit? Good God! Youve got to be kidding!

And you wonder why your having trouble?

sawseech
03-23-2005, 08:03 PM
take time off

zaxx19
03-23-2005, 08:11 PM
First take off minimum 5 days to 2 weeks....

It sounds like your in an impatient/these donkeys should be handing me their money mode. Ive been there. Depending on your roll I WOULD take a shot at first only single or double tabling and just seeing if I could beat it for a decent rate. If I could I might go to 2 or maybe 4 tabling ....but this 16 crap isnt gonna fly at higher levels so forget it.

Perhaps the higher level will present better competition and allow you to concentrate on out thinking the game and not just "harvesting" profits like you were at low limits.

Ghazban
03-23-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm not a multitabler for NL so take this with a grain of salt but perhaps the focus problem is due to too many tables? I can 4-table limit but I'm not comfortable doing more than 2 of no-limit due to the higher frequency of player-specific situations (i.e. who can I bluff, who will call down, what size bet will ____ call vs. _____, etc.). Maybe if you cut down on the number of tables temporarily, you'd pay closer attention to each one and would have a better eye for the different situations that can come up.

As others have mentioned, taking a break can do wonders, too. If you don't want to stop playing completely, try taking up a new game or one you don't play often. Try some stud, or Omaha, or Triple Draw Lowball or something. Basic poker concepts will still apply but you'll be in some slightly different situations that might give you a fresh approach.

Good luck.

nickey009
03-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Do you play on Party?

The new blind/stack structure changes the game some what and reads become a little more important. I'm guessing 16 tabling isn't the best way to get a read. With 16/8 tables you're only playing your cards and that might not be the best way to go about it in a deeper stacked scenario.

Yeknom58
03-23-2005, 08:41 PM
This honestly sounds like a medical or work/friend/girl problem manifesting itself in your poker game. I doubt it's poker related.

MissOt
03-24-2005, 12:44 AM
nothing has changed im fine.

when i 4 table now its painfully slow. also very hard to focus. im used to ~800 hands/hr or at least 400. i think about how much i could/should be making if i only 4 table. i dont want to take a break i like to play. i like to make money

thx for the posts though

iceman5
03-24-2005, 01:54 AM
OK, then...Ignore eveyones advice. Keep doing what youre doing. Hows it working for you?

Jeebus
03-24-2005, 04:16 AM
I find that playing against some people alot better than you and getting your ass handed to you works wonders. You become upset and take a break until you come back with a new focus to figure out how you got beat. Of course that is sorta self destructive, so maybe not the best idea.