PDA

View Full Version : My Home Phone: The dateline

Apathy
03-23-2005, 06:41 PM
We had a mystery on our hands for some time. It all started a few weeks ago.... ring ring.. Hello? click. .... ring ring... Hello? Oh sorry man wrong number... click.

Ok so after this happened like 30 times in a day we were like, what the f?

How is it possible that we can be so unlucky to have this many, different (call display) people call us having the wrong number, and how do they know right away, as soon as I answer that it is a wrong number.

And why do the majority of these calls come late late at night?

Since I have the most f-ed up sleeping schedule of all of my housemates I am fielding the majority of the calls, I thought it might be some drug dealer that gave out the wrong number, but still wasn't sure. Finally one night....

ring ring...Hello?...Oh sorry man, wrong number..WAIT!...ya?...listen a lot of people have been calling recently and I was wondering why? I mean who are you trying to call? PLease tell me so I can keep my sanity...pause, pause, well man, your number's pretty close to a dateline man...really?...ya man... oh, thanks...click.

So now the question remains as the calls continue to come in at all hours of the night, How best can I screw with these people?

bd8802
03-23-2005, 06:49 PM
sounds like the old "for a good time call XXX-XXXX" trick is working to perfection.

housenuts
03-23-2005, 07:39 PM
is it only men that call?

Apathy
03-23-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is it only men that call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. also additional information is that this is one of those call and connect with lady callers from a different number (I think its called the grapevine dateline), we called the real number (only one digit away from our phone#), at got an automated message that would be easy to reproduce.

M2d
03-23-2005, 08:14 PM
install a second line. keep the first one. make it a pay to play number. accept all manner of credit cards.

Apathy
03-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Hmmm, credit card fraud wasn't really what I had in mind, can no one think of any funny stuff to do?