PDA

View Full Version : First Timer - -Hows my game?

Benjam
03-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Hi everyone - -
Ive started playing Poker & have really started loving it.
Ive started with $10 + 1 singles on Party poker.
I had $100 & ive grown to around $383
Here are my results.
Total = 59 games
1st = 9 times
2nd = 9 times
3rd = 9 times

I know - -wierd they are all nine times.
Anyways - I see where you guys do the ROI & in the $ numbers. Im not sure how to tell if im doing ok, good, real good, etc.....
Thoughts?
Thanks!!

Richard Tanner
03-23-2005, 06:54 PM
That's all fine, but those numbers don't nessecarily dictate quality of play. Hand histories and the like would be a better gauge. Congrats on the play thus far in any case.

Cody

tminus
03-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Im also new so take this with a grain of salt:

First time here I doubled my roll in one week at the $5/1 and $10/1 tables and concluded that I was a great player. Then i went to pokerprophecy.com and checked my stats and holy [censored], they marked me as a "Pro"! I was ready to pack up and goto vegas. Then I got a little cocky and lost it all.

Since then, I've done quite a bit of reading at this site and posted some hands and learned the following about myself:

-More than half of the players at these tables have no idea what they're doing...that makes me a better player than fools.

-My understanding of poker is better than it was last year but I have so much to learn.

-Bring a parachute when you're flying high

John Hurst
03-23-2005, 08:41 PM
$383 >> $100 so you're results have been good. That is the only conclusion that can be made from your post. Without analyzing your play it is IMPOSSIBLE to determine if it was good play or good luck. Play more, post questions or hand histories and continue to review your results.