PDA

View Full Version : It's not overstuffed, but there's still some meat in this sandwich

Scotch78
03-23-2005, 06:24 PM
MP is probably loose (VP$IP>50 %, <50 hands). As to aggression . . . his PFR and AF by street are all at or near zero, but he's bet a flop with A-high after four people checked and been caught bluffing. So, I'm leaning towards aggressive, but not sure. He may just be a kiddo calling station. Also, he's open limped from the small blind with AK, so he's capable of trickery.

The button is 17/11 over a ton of hands with solid-looking AF numbers. My only table read is that he check-raised a flop with middle pair in a spot that I would've folded (there was a caller trapped between him and the button).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (LP?) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (TAG) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP (LP?) calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
LP? checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">TAG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">LP? raises</font>, Hero . . .

Grisgra
03-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Given this is 5/10, I think in your spot I think I actually fold the flop. But I might have bet out on the flop to get an idea of where I was. Whether that's silly, I dunno.

Scotch78
03-23-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I might have bet out on the flop to get an idea of where I was. Whether that's silly, I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call it silly, but I don't like it for a few reasons. First, I'm not going to let go of my hand for a single bet on the turn or river just because I get raised on the flop, so the information won't do me much good. Second, I don't want to scare hands like JJ-99. And third, I don't want to get raped by AK or AQ. On this flop, against a 3-bet from a TAG, one of us is likely drawing to 2-3 outs, so I'm check-calling and maybe betting out on the river.

Scott

krishanleong
03-23-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so I'm check-calling and maybe betting out on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this line because there is a third player in the hand. I think you should lead the flop. c-call, c-call, bet is a great heads up line against a 3-better.

What happened in the hand is basically the worse case scenerio for checking the flop as it's a very tough situation.

Krishan

Scotch78
03-23-2005, 06:57 PM
With no flush draw out there and the strong possibility that MP is dominated if he does have a hand, I'm not willing to invest multiple bets trying to make a loose player fold so that I win the small percentage of the team he outdraws me and I have the button beat. I could easily be wrong here, but that was my thinking.

Scott