PDA

View Full Version : fishing again

Ray Zee
10-10-2002, 11:23 PM
i did my yearly trip up the inside the north fork road in glacier nat. park, and out by going down the polebridge road. its about three wonderful hours of driving. but i always stop and fish the north fork of the flathead at polebridge at the bridge. there is a nice hole and run, and its always loaded with fish. in about an hour i caught about five cutts up to 14 inches and around 15 whitefish over 12 inches. all in a run about 200 feet long. its amazing to do so well right at the public boat launch.
one nice feature is the store at polebridge, makes the best pastries around, daily. its a little country barrel type store with few customers way out in the middle of nowhere.

10-11-2002, 11:54 AM
The fishing in this neck of the woods has been very good also.

Boris
10-11-2002, 12:35 PM
Are you talking about the store that also serves as the post office? When I was a youngster we would stop in there on the way to visit Mary McFarland who had one of the last homesteads in the park. Up by Round(?) Meadows. I can never remember the names. Anyway, that store sold these tin star sherrif badges that I thought were the bee's knees. pretty cool place.

Ray Zee
10-11-2002, 07:36 PM
yea Boris, it has changed hands about 8 years ago and brought new life to it. and its a great place with fresh baking daily. they also bought the northern lights cafe next door and the food is really good when they are open in the summer and weekends. it is called the polebridge merchantile.