PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a FAQ we can work on for SSNLH?

zaxx19
03-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Im seeing alot of posts that simply could be referred to a FAQ/basic notes thread...Id be willing to put in work on it with others...

etgryphon
03-23-2005, 05:13 PM
BobF put together a pretty good one, but I don't know why it hasn't gotten stickied..

FAQ SSNL (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=167 3930&fpart=&PHPSESSID=)

-Gryph

zaxx19
03-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Does stickying it mean keep it at the top of the threads like in limit....I think we should ask Matt to do that if possible any aggreement here?

etgryphon
03-23-2005, 05:18 PM
I vote yes...hopefully the American Idol people aren't counting...

-Gryph

zaxx19
03-23-2005, 05:22 PM
I think we should like do a more comprehensive job though and I also think it would be a great opportuntity for all the SSNLH regulars to iron out their own thoughts on some marginal plays/situations.

For instance I could write an article on Playing flopped sets...or something else I think I do reasonably well(there are so few lol).

The forum could proofread it suggest changes, abridgemnts etc... and could agree when it was done.

Eventually we could complete maybe 10-20 subjects and basically have a book/pamphlet on SSnlh.

gulebjorn
03-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Good plan. But I don't think we can write a sort of strategy guide everyone will agree on. The discussions would be endless, i think.
A FAQ with topics that return frequently probably would be easier and just as useful.

PoBoy321
03-23-2005, 05:44 PM
I like Bobbos SSNL FAQ but I think that it would be better to have one that is directed more at interesting threads that pertain to these specific topics rather than just laying it out there.

Also, I think that we could have a more detailed explanation of HOW to play, something like the Sit 'n Go FAQ from the 1-table Tournaments forum. I just think that Bobbos FAQ is directed too much at guidelines for posting on the forum.

Anyone else think differently?

I have some interesting thoughts about playing low pocket pairs since I think that there are more nuances than just the 5/10 rule, so I'll get working on that. Any other thoughts?

gulebjorn
03-23-2005, 06:12 PM
I would love to have an index of interesting threads, grouped by subject. How about for every chapter in ToP, we find some good threads that apply to it? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

zaxx19
03-23-2005, 06:14 PM
See Poker Theory board.