PDA

View Full Version : I hate how I played this

DemonDeac
03-23-2005, 04:45 PM
no reads cuz im just on first orbit

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.
<font color="red"> i wasnt sure if i should juust lead out or go for the check/raise, but once it got raised, i thought i'd cold call instead of check/3-betting. was i wrong here? </font>

Turn: (9 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (13 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

<font color="blue"> where did i go wrong, if anywhere? did i lose any money? i think raising the river is a better play.
your thoughts? there's just something about this hand that makes me sick. i think i played this hand like an idiot. </font>

meep_42
03-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I almost always fastplay my sets (esp bottom set) on a two-flush board with a could of broadways.

If you're going to lead the turn, why not 3-bet the flop? If you think this is going to get checked through often enough and can't c/r, you need to start getting more bets in on the flop.

So, to sum, i'd check-3bet the flop, lead the turn and river as you did, calling the river raise.

UTG+1 have A2?

-d

Fat Nicky
03-23-2005, 04:49 PM
given your position relative to the flop raiser, i'd 3-bet the flop.

KaiShin
03-23-2005, 04:52 PM
The way you played it, I would have attempted a turn CR. MP3 is likely to continue aggression, and you can raise him leaving the field to face 2BB cold into a 12BB pot.

Personally, I would have 3-bet the flop.

ErrantNight
03-23-2005, 04:55 PM
leading the flop is much better. particularly with MP2 back there waiting to raise it up! once it's raise coming back i'm still ok with 3-betting you might lose some heads but i think that's alright. the pot is getting big. charge the flush draws...

i think i'd 3-bet the river... UTG+1 may fear overcalls + be raising a bit of a scare card... but i'm not giving credit for a deuce yet. had you played the flop more aggressively i think you might have greater room to fear...

DemonDeac
03-23-2005, 05:02 PM
consensus seems to be a 3-bet on the flop if im not gonna lead at it, and possibly a c/r on the turn. thats what i was thinkin after playing the hand

anyways.......
my set of 4s is good cuz the others had AQo for UTG and A10o for MP <font color="#666666"> </font>