PDA

View Full Version : Andy Rooney Is God

Bill Murphy
10-10-2002, 09:12 PM
Now, I don't necessarily agree w/everything he said about women sports=sideline reporters[the worst reporter in any field does women's golf on course; not Judy Rankin, can't remember her name, whatever network the LPGA champ. is on], but how 'bout THIS gem?

"According to the Journal News, Rooney, who has weathered every other storm, did not seem concerned that his latest remarks would cause a big flap.

"What are they going to do, fire me from the Boomer Esiason show? Pay me less money?" he said."

No crawling before the PC police for that this ol' boy... /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

MS Sunshine
10-10-2002, 09:22 PM
Andy was in the press corps, during WW II, and the only way to ride the bombers into Germany, the kill percentage against these bombers was in the 10-15% range, PER MISSION, was to take the place of one of the gunners and do his job.

He voluteered.

Yeah, he don't care about getting sent to his room.

MS Sunshine

Boris
10-11-2002, 01:02 PM
I've always thought Andy Rooney was a complete idiot. This flap hasn't changed my views. I believe he said something like there shouldn't be women sideline reporters because they don't know anything about football. Well, you don't have to know anything about football to be a sideline reporter. you just find out about the injuries and ask the coach one or two stupid questions at halftime. How could any one not be qualified to do that job? Besides, anyone who cares about football is generally disgusted by the booth announcers, who are always male. there are very few booth announcers who are anything less than irritating.

And what about Linda Cohn on Sport's Center? She does a pretty good job. Does she know anything about sports? Who knows? It doesn't matter. She just reports the news.

Zele
10-11-2002, 08:08 PM
I think of Ted Williams. He was a war hero, and the greatest hitter of all time, and a certified prick (forgive me, Red Sox nation.) My respect for him is utmost, but I wouldn't want my kids to emulate him.