PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd SNG post (follow up from first) -crippled early now what?

Tilt
03-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Thanks to all those who provided commenst on my first post.

So, per my previous thread, I called with the underset and got busted. My stack is now t450 and we are 7 handed (this is pokerroom where the stacks start at 1500, its a 5+.5). A few hands later, blinds rise to 15-30 and are marching towards me.

I get KTs UTG+1 and push. Bad move?

My thoughts at the time:

I will get called no matter what if I go all-in by at least one player at this table. Possibly more. I assume my goal is to get heads up when crippled like this if I am holding anything less than AA/KK/QQ. Is that correct?

If I wait two orbits I will be blinded down to 330 (blinds will rise again I am assuming). If I even wait past the next blinds my stack will shrink to a point where I am guaranteed multiple callers.

john_
03-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Though I'm not really familiar with the structure sounds too weak and too soon.

Bill Poker
03-23-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to all those who provided commenst on my first post.

So, per my previous thread, I called with the underset and got busted. My stack is now t450 and we are 7 handed (this is pokerroom where the stacks start at 1500, its a 5+.5). A few hands later, blinds rise to 15-30 and are marching towards me.

I get KTs UTG+1 and push. Bad move?

My thoughts at the time:

I will get called no matter what if I go all-in by at least one player at this table. Possibly more. I assume my goal is to get heads up when crippled like this if I am holding anything less than AA/KK/QQ. Is that correct?

If I wait two orbits I will be blinded down to 330 (blinds will rise again I am assuming). If I even wait past the next blinds my stack will shrink to a point where I am guaranteed multiple callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

you still had 15xBB to play with, i would wait for a better hand. KT is at most a marginal hand in early positions. btw, I would push the low set too.

wbrumfiel
03-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Too early to push, You are still in this for a while.

Cry Me A River
03-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Yeah, no need to panic here you still have plenty off room to meneuver. And remember, 7 handed you have a lot more time between blinds than 4 handed...

I'm playing as tight as ever tight in EP here - I'll push if I have TT+ or a strong ace in EP and expect to double-up when I'm called by A-rag who thinks I'm desperately pushing junk, but that's probably even a little aggressive. In LP, if it's folded to me, sure I'll push KTs with a short stack, but the key is you really don't want to be called when you push KTs because the range of hands that will call you are generally, at best, a coin-flip. So if you think there's a good chance you will be called, don't push it unless you're desperate and you're just not desperate yet.

At low buy-ins, comebacks from stacks of this (relative) size are very, very possible if you're patient and pick your shots. There's always someone willing to double you up with an inapprorpiate call. However, pushing KTs from EP is just way too marginal.

willie
03-23-2005, 06:16 PM
i think this is a fold

you have some time to work here still and absorbing 45 in blinds isn't going to render you helpless or decimated.

you have time to pick up a hand, patience.