PDA

View Full Version : back off KK?

EvanJC
03-23-2005, 03:32 PM
i've got about 12 hands with villian here, so ya know. he doesn't seem like a total donk. should i back off the raising at any point here? btw, if i hadn't run out of money, i was planning on capping the river as well. thoughts?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (21 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls $3 (All-In), SB calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Alobar
03-23-2005, 03:38 PM
often times I'll call the flop 3 bet and raise the turn. You can trap the BB in the middle and if you cap, he may back off, and I still like KK enough to risk getting 3 bet on the turn.

Never sit short stacked at a table. If you dont have at least 12BBs in front of you at the start of the hand, you are doing something wrong.

EvanJC
03-23-2005, 03:50 PM
its not something i do regularly. the hand before i lost several bets and i hadn't reloaded yet. how would you feel about capping the river here?

Alobar
03-23-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its not something i do regularly. the hand before i lost several bets and i hadn't reloaded yet. how would you feel about capping the river here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I've got a read that hes one of those "omg! I have an overpair, im sooo winning!!" idiots, I wouldnt. You are basically clubbing him on the head and telling him youve got a big pocket pair, and he isnt letting off, so I start to worry about AA or something crappy like 44. After I capped the turn and he led into me, I prolly would have just called

Grisgra
03-23-2005, 05:01 PM
I probably don't cap the turn without a good read, but hey, he could be overplaying QQ. I think capping the river would be just plain nutty.

EvanJC
03-23-2005, 09:30 PM
&lt;-------one of those "omg! I have an overpair, im sooo winning!!" idiots. He was overplaying QQ. results not withstanding, i think you both are right and i overplayed it quite a bit. thanks for the responses.

PassiveCaller
03-23-2005, 09:45 PM
I most of the time would not cap the turn without some read to the contraire. But this isn't awful since there's enough other ovepairs he might overvalue and it really looks like he has an overpair here. I'd definitely slow down on the river even if you weren't all-in. It'd be a just call.