PDA

View Full Version : Did I give up too earl? PP15/30

mach3
03-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Tricky player, but very loose, limps in EP. I raise from the cutoff with 66 - BB calls, tricky player calls (converter messed up on preflop). He checkraises me on the flop (BB drops out), but seems weak. Could have a small PP, QT or even Ax. I figure my best chance to push him off a hand is a turn raise, he 3 bets me. Normally I would fold here, but I'm not convinced he has a better hand. River is an A - he checks. My first inclination is to bet, but I figure he must have a busted draw or something like JT and check. Not sure he would have folded to a bet, but what do you think about my play in general? Should I have gotten out earlier?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: is with , .

Flop: (1.66 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(9 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (2.83 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.83 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 8.83 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
doesn't show.
UTG has 7h 7c (one pair, sevens).
UTG+1 doesn't show.
MP1 doesn't show.
MP2 doesn't show.
MP3 doesn't show.
CO has 6s 6d (one pair, sixes).
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: UTG wins 8.83 BB. </font>

philnewall
03-23-2005, 03:12 PM
I can't see a "tricky and loose" player folding a better hand on the turn, if he was as you described I would have just called down.

TStoneMBD
03-23-2005, 03:16 PM
if youre going to raise the turn, then you MUST fold to a 3bet. your line is simply horrific.

mach3
03-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't call it horrific - we had some sort of headgame going on between us on multiple tables. This call down actually made me money down the road when he assumed I was screwing with him from this point on.

Anyone consider capping it there - or would that be nuts?

webbG
03-23-2005, 10:39 PM
420 testing

Lestat
03-23-2005, 11:32 PM
I'll just comment on the one aspect of this hand that I'm pretty sure of (at least I can't be too far off):

However you wound up getting to the river, and whatever you do or don't put the guy on when checks the ace, it can't be too wrong to throw in a bet and try to pick up the pot.

Btw- Something seems wrong. I count the pot as being closer to a little over 11 big bets on the river. The hand converter has 8.83. ???

mach3
03-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Lestat - you are correct, the pot was 11.33 BB's. I definitely agree that I should have fired a bet when the A hit.

I'm curious though if anyone would have capped that turn. I tip my hat to him for the 3bet, it should have been a raise or fold situation for me. My first instinct was to cap it, but I thought that was the machismo "I'll show you what happens when you 3 bet me" action. And I made a second mistake not betting at the A.

The player is an interesting one, he appears too loose (perhaps my stats are skewed), but there's not a lot of Party 15/30 players who make that 3bet on the turn. And he must have some line on me to think there's a chance I'd fold a turn 3bet. Which I probably would, but I just had this feeling he was weak. Unfortunately he was a smidge stronger then me - lol.

Thanks for the comments guys - I thought it was an interesting hand.

fearme
03-24-2005, 04:39 PM
going by ur reads it looks fine, river check looks like he's gonna check call to me