PDA

View Full Version : Coilean?

brick
03-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Coilean, No more posts?

Has Louie Landale quite playing poker?

Dynasty
03-23-2005, 03:12 PM
It's hard to respect Coilean after hearing how he prounces his screen name.

surfdoc
03-24-2005, 09:11 AM
His posts rock ass and we need him back.

CCass
03-24-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate is probably pretty busy with his day job right now, as the Baseball season is just around the corner.

Schneids
03-24-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Nate told me a few days ago he's been pretty busy and hasn't played poker in the past couple of weeks.

I do believe Twin City's residents could have heard Nate on a radio sports talk show about a week ago.

snakehead
03-24-2005, 01:31 PM
I think you and I are the only ones he has told how it's pronounced. everyone else says it like it looks. anyway, I didn't see him at the lapc this year.

b0000000000m
03-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Nah--there was a post maybe a year ago where he said how it was pronounced.

He didn't say (but it is interesting to note) that "coilean" is Gaelic for "puppy." No joke.

J.A.Sucker
03-24-2005, 02:45 PM
I didn't see you during the LAPC either. Coilean is good people, even though he pronounces his name completely wrong.

DcifrThs
03-24-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you and I are the only ones he has told how it's pronounced. everyone else says it like it looks. anyway, I didn't see him at the lapc this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive spent many hours playing at the ameristar with him and i was just as shocked at the pronounciation...and the gaelic origins. PS- he is around and i talked via email with him a month or two ago. haven't seen him since.

-Barron

Gabe
03-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Last wsop I kept running into him downtown at night. He would appear out of no where. I started to call him the Phantom of Fremont St. I say him at Commerce once when I got back and that was it.

snakehead
03-24-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see you during the LAPC either

[/ QUOTE ]

that's because you didn't show up until the main event. I was there every day up until then.

DcifrThs
03-24-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Coilean, No more posts?

Has Louie Landale quite playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

i emailed coilean about this thread...lets see if he responds and comes back...

-Barron

J.A.Sucker
03-25-2005, 02:06 AM
Thanks for clearing out of my games while I was down there. I enjoyed it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll see you next month, senor snake.

The Dude
03-25-2005, 08:19 AM
"I was talking about my rug."

Boris
03-25-2005, 02:33 PM
how does he pronounce it?

theBruiser500
03-25-2005, 03:11 PM
yeah damn i am really curiuos about how he pronounces it. someone record him saying it an upload it as mp3

Boris
03-25-2005, 03:12 PM
or they could just post a phonetic spelling.

MortalNuts
03-25-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how does he pronounce it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Supposedly it's "Cawl-yan."

See this old thread: pronunciation unmasked. (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=635564&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&fpart=all&vc=1)

MortalNuts
03-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Clarification: Coilean himself claims it's "cuh-LAWN" in this other old thread. (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=681476&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&fpart=all&vc=1)

And just for the record, I'd like to see him posting again, too. He was one of the few people whose posts I actually made a point to read.

-mn

andyfox
03-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Smart guy, good guy too. He is indeed missed.

wuwei
03-26-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I do believe Twin City's residents could have heard Nate on a radio sports talk show about a week ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. They also could have stopped by Borders in Minneapolis and said hi. I dropped in briefly to hear him expound on baseball, but had to get back to work before I could say hello. I figured if I tried to interrupt and talk some poker, all the baseball geeks would mob me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Excellent work on the BP this year, Nate. I'm loving it. Who would have thought that something this informative could be as funny as it is? That's the most suprising part to me as a first time reader.

Coilean
03-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Since you've flushed me out of hiding, I might as well say, yes, I'm alive and well /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Got fairly burned out on poker last year after the WSOP and California State Championship thing at the Commerce afterwards, and I've probably only played a handful of sessions since. I'll probably be back in the Vegas/LA area in a few weeks, so yall can take advantage of me for a few weeks while I dust off my game. And it's pronounced "cuh-LAWN" /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Clarkmeister
03-29-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And it's pronounced "cuh-LAWN"

[/ QUOTE ]

The fcuk it is.

Josh W
03-29-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And it's pronounced "cuh-LAWN" /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's bluffing.

andyfox
03-29-2005, 02:25 AM
http://www.behindthename.com/php/view.php?name=coilean

snakehead
03-29-2005, 02:47 AM
you told me it is pronounced cologne. and you left out the part about puppy.

cianosheehan
03-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Im Irish...and armed with an Irish-English dictionary! The name Coilean means puppy or cub.

Even though it would be pronounced differently in different parts of the country, I would probably pronounce it in the region of Quill-Awn. (Quill - pronounce "kill" with a Q at the start) (Awn - the end of "yawn")

astroglide
03-30-2005, 04:19 PM
i assumed KWA-lee'anne

DcifrThs
03-30-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you told me it is pronounced cologne. and you left out the part about puppy.

[/ QUOTE ]

he told me it was colon like the body part....

oh well...

-Barron

DcifrThs
03-30-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since you've flushed me out of hiding, I might as well say, yes, I'm alive and well /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Got fairly burned out on poker last year after the WSOP and California State Championship thing at the Commerce afterwards, and I've probably only played a handful of sessions since. I'll probably be back in the Vegas/LA area in a few weeks, so yall can take advantage of me for a few weeks while I dust off my game. And it's pronounced "cuh-LAWN" /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good man...but you told me it was colon..uless i misheard...

also, be sure to hit me up when you get back...and good luck.

-Barron

PS- didn't mean to "flush you out" if you didn't want to be flushed /images/graemlins/wink.gif

take care man.