PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of plans for Apple compatibility at PP and PS's?

xadrez
03-23-2005, 01:52 PM
I know they currently do not support Mac's, but was wondering if anybody knew if Party and PStars are planning on developing Mac compatible software in the near future.

The reason Im asking is because I can get a good deal on a Mac through my job, and Id love to take advantage of it, but the thought of being limited to pokerroom.com doesnt really excite me...

Thanks for any info...

playersare
03-23-2005, 02:00 PM
considering you can get a new PC with a monitor for $300 that will work on all poker sites, how good can the Mac deal be to compensate for that?

I have been a hardcore mac user for almost 15 years, but if you're gonna be serious about poker then you need to get at least a PC on the side. You gonna wait for a PS2 version of Halo 2 as well?

Lee Jones
03-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Hi -
The best and fastest way to get questions like this answered is to ask us directly (well, for PokerStars at least; I can't speak for Party /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

No, we don't have any near-term plans to do an Apple port. There is a product (whose name escapes me at the moment) to do PC emulation on a Mac. A lot of people use that and happily run PokerStars on their Macs (people run PokerStars under WINE on Linux, too).

But keep the questions and comments coming - it's things such as that that tell us where to be spending our time.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager