PDA

View Full Version : A Hand To Not Be Terribly Proud Of

bobbyi
03-23-2005, 01:10 PM
4 handed 3/6 on Party. Both opponents are loose (the sum of their vpip's is over 100 and most of my stats on the are from fuller games than this) and more aggro than a normal 3/6 player, but not psychotic and I haven't seen them do anything ridiculous. I'm going to keep my comments to myself for on how this should probably be played.

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 21 BB

Scotch78
03-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Pre-flop is fine, but I would most likely depart from your line after that. Since you haven't seen either player get psychotic or ridiculous, I most likely fold the flop. A9s, A7s and AK might be possible here, but I think you're behind the rest of the time. Once you make it to the turn, I'm completely baffled. My only reason for continuing would be if both players were psychotic.

Scott

SomethingClever
03-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Blecky yuckerella.

Getting over 20 to 1 on the river I make a crying call for information.

I don't think raising the flop accomplishes anything, so nice smoothcall there.

The first turn call is probably the closest decision in the hand, and I think you could conceivably find a fold there. But against ultra-loose opponents like this I'm not so sure.

Edit: Of course it all depends on how clean you estimate your outs to be.

You could have as few as 3, or as many as 10.

bobbyi
03-23-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once you make it to the turn, I'm completely baffled. My only reason for continuing would be if both players were psychotic.

[/ QUOTE ]
They were not psychotic. For this reason, I did not think it was that likely that SB would three-bet this turn. If he is going to just call the raise, I am getting 6-to-1 to call the two bets cold (8 BB's went in before the turn and they are each putting in 2 now, so that's 12 total and I am calling two). I have an open-ended straight draw and two outs to a set, so I may have as many as ten outs here. Of course, not all of my outs are good all of the time and I'm not closing the action. However, I didn't think it was likely that it was going to get capped on the turn because so far no hand had had this much action. And even though my outs are tainted, at 6-to-1 on a possible ten outer, I have an overlay. This is at least close. I'm finding it hard to see it as completely baffling. I definitely think that once I call the first two bets, I am stuck calling the second to two since I am now getting 9-to-1 closing the action with many possible outs. It looks like it may be set over set or something similar, but my straight outs are probably still good and folding a clean open ender at 9-to-1 would be a big mistake.

bobbyi
03-23-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting over 20 to 1 on the river I make a crying call for information.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean that you are calling solely because you want to see his hand? From the way it had played out and from the way previous hands had went, I thought that there was almost no chance that SB was not calling this river bet, so I believed that I was getting the information anway.

SomethingClever
03-23-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that there was almost no chance that SB was not calling this river bet, so I believed that I was getting the information anway.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, and I hadn't considered that.

Fianchetto
03-23-2005, 03:44 PM
I don't think you played it terribly, but I would consider a turn fold.

I think you've got to discount your outs a lot more here. Your two outs to a set are very questionable, they would put 4 to a straight out there, and I doubt your set would be good.

The other thing is somebody could already have JT, a likely hand, which has you drawing to 3 outs for a chop, not a good scenario.

Yeah, you are getting a little overlay at 6:1, but is it enough for those times when JT is out there? I dunno, I think it's close, and I might lay this one down.

TStoneMBD
03-23-2005, 07:00 PM
flop call is good. the sb leading out here is really bad news for you.

i like 3betting the turn and checking down. its very possible that you can push the SB out with a better hand than yours, and if a player is in their with AK you could potentially save yourself the pot.