PDA

View Full Version : all-in on first hand with AKs?

Somekid
03-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Hello everyone. This is my first post to the STT forum. After reading AleoMagus' guide to beating 10/1 I decided to give it a try. Over my first 20 tournaments my ROI is -45% with a 25% in the money and no first place finishes. Could I be running badly or is something very very wrong? I'm following the guidelines pretty closely I think. Anyways my question is about the following: I'm in the SB with AKs on the first hand. Several limpers and the button raises to 200. I push. Is this a bad play?

microbet
03-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Could be running badly. Most think your play is a little bad. Some think it is ok.

You may still have time to delete your post, hurry.

microbet
03-23-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm just teasing, dude. Before long you will see why I said it.

J-Lo
03-23-2005, 12:52 PM
I have a similair question. I know this forum advocated not pushing small edges early, because u can gain a bigger edge on the bubble, but how big is small? Lets say someone pushes first hand w/ QT-- flip it over-- and u have AK. Is this an easy call at the $10's? $20's? $30's? $50's? $100's? $200's? $1000's?

At what point do u draw the line in the buyin, and at what edge do u draw the line in terms of cards?

The Yugoslavian
03-23-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lets say someone pushes first hand w/ QT-- flip it over-- and u have AK. Is this an easy call at the $10's? $20's? $30's? $50's? $100's? $200's? $1000's?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call here in any STT buyin even if it would hurt my ROI or ITM (since it'd surely help my $/hr @ any buyin)...but I'm not sure this question is all that interesting since Party doesn't allow one to flip one's cards over before it's your turn to act...

Also, this is a *relatively* big edge.

Yugoslav