PDA

View Full Version : Buying 2+2 books online and shipping to Austria

Frequitude
03-23-2005, 12:38 PM
I am currently living in Vienna, Austria for a year. I already own and have read, re-read and re-re-read SSHE. I now want to read Theory of Poker and Harrington on Holdem.

Where can I order TOP & HOH online and have them shipped to Vienna?

I tried amazon.ca, but couldn't find someone to deliver outside of NA. I tried amazon.co.uk, but all the different shippers won't ship to Austria (error page comes up after entering shipping address). I finally tried ebay, but couldn't find the two packaged together (so I can save on shipping costs).

Thanks all.

edit: while I'm at it, I'd like to add HPFAP to that list...

BigDoggie
03-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Have you tried ordering from Conjelco.com. They seem to ship anywhere.

popniklas
03-23-2005, 02:05 PM
why not just amazon.com? works to sweden, should work to austria.

Frequitude
03-23-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried ordering from Conjelco.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw Chuck Weinstock mention Conjelco in Dynasty's mammoth 3 years in Vegas thread. Never heard of it before, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Why is the man with the red name giving props to Conjelco?

Martin
03-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Try www.amazon.at (http://www.amazon.at)
I also live in Vienna and I have ordered SSH and TOP from them no problem. Delivered within 24 hours to your door via the postal service. Postage used to be free especially if over a certain amount.

Dariel86
03-25-2005, 02:47 AM
Conjelco is great. They shipped to Finland too.

Frequitude
03-25-2005, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try www.amazon.at (http://www.amazon.at)
I also live in Vienna and I have ordered SSH and TOP from them no problem. Delivered within 24 hours to your door via the postal service. Postage used to be free especially if over a certain amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome man, thanks. My German sucks, so it'll take a bit to navigate through the site for sure.

Do you play B&M in Vienna? I try to make it to the Concorde once every 1 or 2 weeks...if you've been, I'm the young kid who can't speak German.

Hmm, I'm curious...time for a who's in Vienna Zoo post.

Frequitude
03-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Made my way to amazon.at and everything worked great. The books ship in 1-2 days.

The one crappy thing though, amazon.ca lists HoH for $25 Canadian. But amazon.at lists it for 35 Euros (~$55 Canadian)!!! I'm sure I could have found it cheaper somewhere, but I want this book already!!!

Martin
03-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Yeah I know the prices are sometimes rough. Works out OK with shipping sometimes since the price from outside Europe can run to like 10 bucks.

I play online.
I actually live down the road from the Concorde in Simmering Vienna. Never been there though. I heard it was a bit of a hassle to get through the door with ID required and all kinds of other crap.

Frequitude
03-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Meh, not bad. They take a photo of you the first time though.

It's generally 3 or 4 regulars, and then a random mix of others. At 3/6 it is normally 4-5 to the flop...not bad. I wish I could understand them though.