PDA

View Full Version : Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior

TheCroShow
03-23-2005, 11:36 AM
k so..i'm not sure what to make of this movie. it had some great action sequences..but the fight scenes felt too scripted. you know the parts where they would show the clip like 10 times in a row (3 in regular speed, 3 different camera angles, 7 different times in slo-mo with the same angle) his opponents looked like they were waiting for the attack too often. like they would just stand totally still and you could tell they were just waiting to take his hit.

the chase scene with the golf carts? OMFG the girl's annoing voice GRRRR

i'm not sure whether to call this a good movie because it has some great action sequences, or call this crap because the story was awful, the fight scenes were SOOO scripted (i know it's a movie, but come on), the girl's voice was annoying, and blah blah blah

whiskeytown
03-23-2005, 11:41 AM
some of the stuff I've seen is incredible - like Jackie Chan before he got old...

having said that, I heard the US version required some heavy re-editing to make it more coherant with a real story line.

RB

youngin20
03-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Check out Steven Chow's new movie "Kung Fu Hustle" way better than Shaolin Soccer.