PDA

View Full Version : Memory Stick/Thumb Drives

2planka
03-23-2005, 09:57 AM
The Warden is back in school for a grad degree in graphic design. She needs to move large files back and forth. Can anyone suggest a USB device that would suit her needs?

FWIW - I'm less than computer savvy.

stabn
03-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Any.

Rhone
03-23-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm less than computer saavy too, and haven't compared this with other devices at all, so take it for what it's worth...but I just bought a "Lexar Media JumpDrive 2.0 Pro" that holds 256 megs, for like $30, to transfer files from my old computer to my new one, and it's worked great. Just stick it in a USB port and it appears as another drive from Windows Explorer or My Computer. I didn't even know such things existed until I looked into it a few weeks ago.
Technology is grand.

Rhone.

stabn
03-23-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm less than computer saavy too, and haven't compared this with other devices at all, so take it for what it's worth...but I just bought a "Lexar Media JumpDrive 2.0 Pro" that holds 256 megs, for like $30, to transfer files from my old computer to my new one, and it's worked great. Just stick it in a USB port and it appears as another drive from Windows Explorer or My Computer. I didn't even know such things existed until I looked into it a few weeks ago.
Technology is grand.

Rhone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah this is the one i use as well. Any of them will work though.